Thread: Cannot get internet access in VM player with windows XP VM installed and windows 7 host

Cannot get internet access in VM player with windows XP VM installed and windows 7 host

In my computer I have VMplayer in which there is windows XP VM is installed. It has suddenly started giving problem. I am not getting internet access in VMplayer. Is there any way to solve this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Cannot get internet access in VM player with windows XP VM installed and windows 7 host

I have referred your problem and I would like to tell you that you should first provide more information about your computer setup. You have to first check all the setting related to the internet is proper in your system because many times wrong setting can also cause this type of problem.

Re: Cannot get internet access in VM player with windows XP VM installed and windows 7 host

According to me you can solve this problem by changing the VM player network configuration to NAT and after that you will get internet connection access. You have to first set network configuration to NAT and after that you have to go to the run and then first release the IP address and after that renew IP address. Now you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. Many times by trying this solution your problem can get solved.

Well in my system I have windows 7 operating system and I have VMware installed in which I have windows XP VM. I have eScan Internet Security Suite installed in my computer. I have tried to solve this problem by changing the VMware configuration to NAT but that does not help to solve this problem.

Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Have to try to solve this problem by running the network trouble shooter from windows 7? If you have not tried network trouble shooter then I will suggest you to run Network trouble shooter and then you have to see whether it resolves the problem or not? I am telling you this solution because I was also experiencing the same problem and then I have run network trouble shooter in my computer and it has resolved all the problem.

I think you should also try this solution and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

If you want to run network trouble shooter in windows 7 then you have to follow these steps.

• Right click on network icon from system trey.
    • Click on trouble shoot problem.
    • It will check for the problem and fix them also.

After that click on OK.

You have mentioned that in your computer you are using eScan Internet Security Suite and that is why I will suggest you to first pause the protection and then you have to whether you are getting internet connection or not. first right click on the eScan icon from system trey and then you have to click on the pause protection and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

If you need any more help then let me know.