Thread: Getting MSI failed error with VMware player

Getting MSI failed error with VMware player

Hi guys in my computer I have VMware player installed and suddenly it has started giving me problem. In my computer when I run and then add *VMware-player-3.0.0-203739.exe /z "action"="install" at that time it gives error. The error message shows "The MSI C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\vmware_1259165632\vmwareplayer.msi" failed. Now please tell me what should do to solve this problem?

Re: Getting MSI failed error with VMware player

I have gone though the problem which you are facing in your computer. I will suggest you to log in your computer as administrator and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. I think after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then you should rename VMware-player.exe to buggy.exe and after doing that you have to whether it makes any difference or not? I hope this solution will be helpful for you. If problem does not get solved after trying above tricks then I will suggest you to disable antivirus and firewall in your computer and after disabling that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

I have tried to solve this problem by disabling the antivirus and firewall but that does not make any difference. I have also tried to solve this problem by renaming the VMware-player.exe with no luck. Is there any other way to solve this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

In your system you have to check whether there is any webcam.exe process is running? If any webcam.exe process is running then you need to kill that process and after doing that you have to check what the situation is. I am suggesting you this solution because I was also experiencing same problem and then I have tried this solution and then my problem get solved.

To check about the webcam.exe in your system you have to follow these steps. You have to right click on the start menu and then select task manager. Now after that you have to select process tab in the task manager. Now you will see list of the process which is running in your system and after that you have to check whether there is webcam.exe is there or not. If it is there then you have to right click on that and then click on end process. Now after that click on OK. After trying this your problem will get solved.