Thread: Camstudio Audio not working with windows 7

Camstudio Audio not working with windows 7

Hello friends, i am using Windows 7 home premium, there is no problem with sound with it, Speakers and headphones are also working fine. I am having the realtek for my soundcard. According to camstudio, recording line are not be detected and it is been grayed out, which i can not fix it. I have tired to work it out by selecting a sound from realtek for headphones or microphone but nothing has worked. Was no able to record by camstudio. There is no need of microphone, is this thing correct? Even i have try to search it manualy then was getting error message that "Unable to detect recording line for speakers. Please make sure your soundcard is selected correctly in the 'Soundcard device' of 'audio options for speakers." I have tried each and every option but nothing has worked for me. Reltek is been enabled and also working proper, but Camstudio is not recognizing it. So what should i do, please help me. Thank you.

Re: Camstudio Audio not working with windows 7

If you are not knowing about the microphone then i should say that there is no need of microphone, but you should be having a wave out mix/stereo mix/What U Hear/Recording Playback device. You should be something or other, as all are meaning the same. This is been available in most of the sound cards, but it been disable by default. If you wanted to check it then you should right-click on the speaker icon which is there on task bar, then select recording devices, after that right-click on the recording devices window and check "Show disabled devices". If you are been to find any of them in the list then you better select and enable the device. You can also able to select it from the Camstudio dropdown. Then also it is not working then i would suggest that you try updating the sound drivers and work it again, which might help you.

Re: Camstudio Audio not working with windows 7

I am also having the same problem and also try the method which you have told. I was not able to find anything in the list, like stereomix is disabled, there is no such thing beside my microphone with the show disabled devices enabled. I have also searched in the Device Manager menu and in sound section i was having two thing, AMD High Definition Audio and Conexant High Definition Audio. I have done update of the driver for my sound card, but then also it has not worked. I think that there might be something which is conflicting between the two or not, are you having any idea about it, then please tell me.