Thread: Getting "Cannot contact reliable source" Error while installing flashplayer

Getting "Cannot contact reliable source" Error while installing flashplayer

I have been trying to download flash player on my machine which is running on windows vista and the problem is that at the 12 percent of the downloading process I am getting a error saying “Cannot contact reliable source” I have tried out the same a no of times but then it is not making any difference, is there anyone who can help me out with this??

Re: Getting "Cannot contact reliable source" Error while installing flashplayer

I have been trying to download flash player on my machine which is running on windows vista and the problem is that at the 12 percent of the downloading process I am getting a error saying “Cannot contact reliable source” I have tried out the same a no of times but then it is not making any difference, is there anyone who can help me out with this??
    I think that you are facing this because the installation process is running out of time as the Norton file scanner might be interfering with the downloading process, I will suggest you to just open the Norton and after that just look for the menu using which can disable the file scanner, I think that it might be possible by just right clicking the Norton icon as well, just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you or not.

Yes even I was thinking of the same and I have tried out enabling and disabling as well but then it is just not making any difference in my case I don’t think that the issue is related to it, to be at the safer side I have also turned off the Norton as well thinking that it might be interfering but then I am still left with the same problem and I get the same error every time no matter what I have tried so far, is there any other solution that I can try out.

If that’s not an issue then I just want to know that which browser you are using, I mean Internet Explorer, Opera or firefox also mention the version of the browser as well, just answer the same for further help.

In that case I am using Internet Explorer 8, I have tried out installing it again with the windows firewall on and now I have found that the error message is appearing at different percentage of the downloading, I have noticed that it has crossed the 12 percentage bar and now I am getting it at 13, 18, and 33 percentage but then the process is not getting completed at all, is there any workaround to try out? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.