Thread: Any idea on making the fantasy style maps

Any idea on making the fantasy style maps

hi guys

I need a help here I am a writer and I write a fantasy Novels . now I need to make a fantasy style maps for one few of episode on my Novel , now I have some handmade Fantasy map but I was hoping to have a more professional looking maps like in the many game based on the pre historic period . can anyone here suggest me any software that can use to make them with no cost . I have looked everywhere but I am not able to make any break trough. I would be really glad if someone here helps me on this. Thanks in advance

Re: Any idea on making the fantasy style maps

Even me I also writes fantasy fiction. I've used Campaign Cartographer 3, a map creation tool for role playing games to create a few of maps for D&D. It is a extremely powerful bit of map making software.

I just use GIMP it a open source, free of cost software that's similar to the Photoshop for those illustrations. I'm in fact thinking to design one more for my next novel. So I recommend you to get that might help you

GIMP is in fact more commanding than Photoshop I think. It has a lot of extra buttons and knob. But one can’t ignore that Photoshop is still the best , I've trained on Photoshop and there are a lot of more help files, tutorials, etc accessible for Photoshop on the internet and, my industry has made Photoshop the program , I presume we only have to accept Adobe good for the Interwebs.

The best stuff regarding the GIMP is you can bring in .psd files into it, thus anytime I require assistance I just try to understand the help file in that regard. Plus, you now can't beat the price tag of $0.00 in contrast to Adobe's price

I've played with mapping software however established that I most favor working with pen along with paper. It's thoughtful. I saw the computer as well distancing and every the mapping software I've looked on has the pretty ugly outcome , at least, that are so digital or else cartoonish to be pleasing for a fantasy map.

In the end mapping is a foremost art with in itself. Calligraphy is a requirement, somewhat I can't do. If I were ever to get to the stage of publishing a story that required a map, a pro would be wanted. There aren't sufficient hours in the day to be bothered about developing every skills required to draw the map while the story has still to be written.

I have made mine by myself, scanned it, after that cleaned it up in the Corel X2 application . Since I have no knowledge about geology and stuff I might as well find someone else's view. I have CC, however I not able to learning curve stuff.

Illustrator might be the good option for you as you can make the graphics up as big as you want , you just have less control on the colors. though, how difficult to maps have to be anyways?

I create my own maps. The application I had used is paint, but that' terrible . I am happy to make it with my hand . Yes, it might be good that have them on the pc so I be able to have them obtainable even while I don't have my hand drawn ones however I think there id scanners. That I already know hoe to use as well . and you need not have to know calligraphy? Just need good handwriting and be keen to put an effort into the stuff and not just think it will take you 45 minutes to show up with a good map .

I have made the decent man with my hand . Just drew it on the paper and then edited on the Photoshop Software. I gave it a good parchment background it was actually looking very nice and I did like it . Not to mention many people were complementing