Thread: Getting low video and call quality after updating Skype to update 5.5.0.124

Getting low video and call quality after updating Skype to update 5.5.0.124

I have recently updated my skype to 5.5.0.124 and since then having low quality of call and video! I have tried to resolve this problem but haven’t succeeded into it!i have done system restores , system updates , various devices and audio and video both !i have even tried various operating system also! It looks like i am listening to the robotic voice ! what exactly wrong with this?
    My system : Dell Inspiron 9400, windows XP media edition (SP3), cpu : 2GHZ and RAM: 2 GB

Re: Getting low video and call quality after updating Skype to update 5.5.0.124

I am having the same problem with me! I am using the latest version to talk to my family with video call but it is showing very bad video quality! The quality bar is always shown in red color! After all of this it says that my computer is slow! What need to be done to avoid all of this ! my computer is new and there is no problem with my pc!

My computer is very fast even in multi-tasking but whenever I receive an call in skype my pc starts running very slow! Voice of the caller is also not proper so that you can listen to it! Unless I close my skype windows wont work, I can’t even minimize the window!

I am having the audio problem in my new skype also! i followed some advise written on the forum that were as follows:
    1. Go to command prompt and type the “dxdiag” ,a popup will come accept it!
    2. Directx Diagnostic tool application will open! When I made the sound test it said that my system doesn’t support hardware buffering!
      Please help me running this software! I can run adobe flash ,media player and all the other application but getting problem with this Skype only!

Hey guys, there is a beta version available for you! Those who are having problem with the current version can download the beta version here:
    www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta-full/

Hey I tried updating to the beta version but I am still getting the same problem with sound! It is using less memory as compared to earlier version which was consuming double that is 200 m but still it consumes 100 m memory! I was using (5.3.0.120) previously but unfortunately I am having some error with that too! Is this because I tried to update my earlier version?