Thread: Windows live messenger shows mshtml.dll error

Windows live messenger shows mshtml.dll error

From last few days I am getting error in windows live messenger and internet explorer whenever I open or log in to application! It is giving me ” don’t send report error” when I checked the signature of this error it showed me this:
    App name: msnmsgr.exe , mod name: mshtml.dll
    I have sent error report but never got any fix or update for my issue!Currently I am using Firefox browser for surfing!

re: Windows live messenger shows mshtml.dll error

Error with “mshtml.dll” is very rare and complex also! Once this error starts showing into your computer it will remain in your computer for long time and keep on showing you regularly !i here are the symptoms of this error:
    1. This error is seen in internet explorer version 5 and above! Toi locate this file: go to “c” drive , “windows” and then “system32”! here you will find this file! This error is shown to you whenever you open internet explorer or website through this browser!
    2. In most of the cases users report that this error started showing up after the windows update and some says that it was seen after internet explorer reported a crash! The message that is shown is “internet explorer has experienced some problem and need to close”

re: Windows live messenger shows mshtml.dll error

At most of time this error is caused by the following reasons:
    1. Your mshtml.dll file is corrupted or missing from your computer!
    2. May be the version of the file you are using is old one or wrong!
    3. Your computer may be infected by the malwares!
    4. Your windows registry is corrupted!

Use the following to repair your problem:
    1. The file may be missing from your computer! Check the .dll file in “system32 “ folder of windows in system drive or you can run “windows auto-file” search to find the missing the file! If the file is missing then you should uninstall and install the new internet explorer! Doing this will solve this problem!
    2. If above tip doesn’t work then download the “PC Health advisor” utility! It is the utility for detecting system error and fixing them! This utility automatically scans , detects and removes the malwares! This will also help you build damaged registry system! Malware damages the registry resulting in the error related to the mshtml.dll file!