Thread: My Skype hangs up frequently

My Skype hangs up frequently

I have installed the skype on my computer and every time I start the Skype then it get hanged. Once this happened then I am left with only one option and that is to end the Skype process from the task manager. I am not getting that what is the problem with the skype and how can I get this resolved. If you can provide some suggestion for me then I will really appreciate that. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

Re: My Skype hangs up frequently

I think that you are using the older version of the skype and that is the reason that you are facing this problem. Just download and install the latest version of the skype. This is the temporary problem and will be resolved after the update.

I am using the version 5.7 and there is no problem with this. It is running very smooth and my suggestion to you is to use the same version and I am sure that this will also work well for you. There are many of my friends who are with the same version they have never encountered any problem. Make sure that you are downloading the this from the official Skype site and not from somewhere else to avoid any kind of further issue. If you are getting the same problem again then this is the problem with the System on which you are using skype and not with the skype.

Do you have installed some antivirus or some other security software in your computer? If yes then I think there is possibility that the security software is blocking the connection and making that hang. This is just the possibility and if you want to confirm that then you can try to use the skype by disabling the antivirus and see if that makes any difference. Good Luck!!!

Is this only problem with the Skype or this is the problem with all the softwares? If you are having problem with all the softwares then you might be having a lot of applications opened in the background and so it is overloading the system. I know that there is very less possibility for this but there are still some chances of this. Just check that what are the startup programs set in your computer. Just remove the programs from the startup which are not required to you and see if this problem can be resolved by this or not.

This is seems to be the problem with the network connection. If you are having poor internet connection then you will surely get this problem.