Thread: Getting a MX record error in a messenger plus!

Getting a MX record error in a messenger plus!

Hi, I am using my yahoo account in Messenger plus! I have been trying to mail a person but receive an error as “mx or records error”! Why am I getting this error? Am I being blocked by this person? My mails are not forwarded to him?

re: Getting a MX record error in a messenger plus!

What is the domain of the person you are sending a mail? If you are sending a mail to mailme@yahoo.com then yahoo.com is the domain of that person! MX record points to the mail server! if I am sending an email to the yahoo.com then, the configuration of domain involves mail servers that “yahoomail” uses. If the domain name is not set properly then person whom you are sending a mail won’t be able to receive a it! You can check whether the domain is working or not by running “who.is”! Then run MX lookup to check if mail servers are configured!

re: Getting a MX record error in a messenger plus!

I have already checked the “who.is” and it says that domain is working properly it is also showing the expiry date for domain that is 2012-09-29!Is there another method to check the domain ? I checked the MX lookup but it gives the “no result found” error! i am also having the problems in browsing those errors!

Re: Getting a MX record error in a messenger plus!

On the mxtoolbox website check whether you have typed the address properly or not! this error may be coming due to wrong address typed! May be the domain you are trying doesn’t have proper MX records! If you don’t have DNS or MX record set properly then the mail will not be sent to the valid user! The error is seen when the domain you are trying to visit is not registered or deactivated