Thread: Windows explorer opens with content of Messenger folder after installing Messenger Plus! 5.10

Windows explorer opens with content of Messenger folder after installing Messenger Plus! 5.10

I have installed 5.10 version of Messenger Plus on my Windows XP computer. after completing with installation and restarting the computer windows explorer is opening with content of Messenger folder. Can you tell me why above mentioned issue is happening? Is that associated with bug issue? Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows explorer opens with content of Messenger folder after installing Messenger Plus! 5.10

PlusServices.exe does start when you boot your windows and it is located into following registry key.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

However WLM can start when you boot your windows and it is totally dependent on user settings in the messenger which is located at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    You have to check all the registry entry and see whether you are able to get something interesting over here.

Re: Windows explorer opens with content of Messenger folder after installing Messenger Plus! 5.10

I was also facing the same problem which you have stated over here. I have solved the issue by deselecting PlusServices.exe from startup entry by making use of CCleaner. After doing that there was no issue. so you can try it and let me know whether it was useful to you.

Well I am suspecting that it is bug and you have to look at the official site see if any patch is available. If there is patch available you should download and install it.