Thread: Not able to sync iPad 2 and iPhone 4S with iTunes on Wi-Fi

Not able to sync iPad 2 and iPhone 4S with iTunes on Wi-Fi

Everything was working just fine with the syncing of iPad 2 and iPhone 4S with iTunes on Wi-Fi but since I have installed the iOS 5 . Now my both iDevice is not recognizing the iTunes over the Wi-Fi . I have done everything that can possibly done but nothing Is working for this device in fact I also had checked the box on iTunes which is for Sync over Wi-Fi option. Even rebooting the device and computer is not working . now when I look on the iTunes Wifi Sync setting on the both device they both appear to be grayed out and shows Sync will resume when "Computer Name" is available . its looks as my device is not locating the iTunes on Wi-Fi network. Is there something that I am miss is causing this as it is really frustrating . can anyone here help me on this I would be really be glad to know this

Thanks in advance

Re: Not able to sync iPad 2 and iPhone 4S with iTunes on Wi-Fi

Yeah I had the similar issue with my device and even I was so irritated by this but in the end it’s turns out to be the problem because of the Bonjour was not installed on my computer. You need to installed the Bonjour on to your pc and everything will be works fine

Hey what is this application that you talking about I really need to know this as I am still have the issue unsolved and this is really annoying me even more. Can you please provide me more information in this software so that I can get this software

Yeah, what is this application that you are referring to “Bonjour” I am on MAC and very thing is working just fine with my device so can you please provide us with more information that what exactly this application does and how its benefits to sync the iDevice over Wi-Fi with the iTunes

Here is the link that you have talking about Bonjour and you don’t need bonjour for MAC as it come built in for the MAC’s and the link that I have provide to you is of for the windows pc

Hi guys

I have the similar problem as you people having and nothing is solving this issue. I even downloaded the Bonjour , what you people were referring to for my windows 7 but unfortunately that is not working for me For some cause , Bonjour was being not allowed for "Private" as well as "Domain" networks and permitted for "Public". Look as if it contains a bug in the iTunes x64 installer. Can anyone help me on this I would be appreciating this thanks

I hope this will help you just go to the

• Control Panel
    • Windows Firewall
    • Advanced settings
    • Inbound Rules

Over there Locate the any name that says Bonjour Service, and notice under "Profile". If it shows “Public", then bonjour will not work all you need to do is. Double-click all entry, on the advanced option just choose the enable option to both Private as well as Domain. Once you do that reboot. The iTunes, will now shown on the device you will able to see the iTunes, as well as "Sync Now" button in iPhone settings.

This is not working my profile is already set to the private . I just updated my iTunes version and to my bad luck it still not working and along with that now the Air mouse and Remote are not working either . I cant figure out what to do I have done everything but nothing is helping

I had the same problem and its look as if that my antivirus AVG 2011 Fire wall don’t get it to work so I uninstalled my antivirus but now I have a virus risk on the computer can anyone suggest me other way round solution to this I would be really appreciating this thanks in advance