Thread: iTunes 9.1 doing very slow backup on windows XP

iTunes 9.1 doing very slow backup on windows XP

I lately upgraded to 9.1, and at the present my iPhone won't totally a backup. It takes very long and ultimately says it can't be saved on my PC. ITunes becomes is failing to respond and became very unresponsive and making my laptop freezes am at the moment Running XP on a Lenovo T61. IPhone is a 3G with 5.15.04 firmware. Can anyone here help me in this I would be really appreciating this as this is really annoying, me and I don’t know what’s wrong with it

Re: iTunes 9.1 doing very slow backup on windows XP

I have the similar issue with on my HP desktop pc running Windows 7. Did Anyone has any solution . in fact I don’t have this problem on my MacBook Pro , iTunes 9.1 with an iPhone 4 but the same is little diffirent on my HP desktop pc which is on Windows 7, iTunes 9.1 with iPhone 4. This is really very frustrating. Can anyone assist .

Thanks

Having the similar issue. At first I consider it was the handset, however I have two iPhone and iPad devices connected. And the Both handsets is not back up. If I end the backup with the help of the in task manager, the other sync will finished. It freezes in the back up. So, not able to upgrade iPhone iOS. The everything started as form the time I upgraded to 9.1. I have uninstalled this it after that reinstalled. Still freeze the pc in the backup department. Does it a bug. I am using the windows Xp machine

This is really very weird but I believe this is probably related to an app on your iPhone. Like few apps have huge backups and the backup’s freezes. You can shut the backup of the iPhone apps from the iPhone and after that the iTunes backup will work, after an iTunes upgrade must work once more. Like for example I had to turn off the Zinio Backups. You do this from the app on you iPhone . I can grantee that this isn’t just an problem with Zinio app , it looks as if that any app that you can synch external content with is reason to the slow backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    This is really very weird but I believe this is probably related to an app on your iPhone. Like few apps have huge backups and the backup’s freezes. You can shut the backup of the iPhone apps from the iPhone and after that the iTunes backup will work, after an iTunes upgrade must work once more. Like for example I had to turn off the Zinio Backups. You do this from the app on you iPhone . I can grantee that this isn’t just an problem with Zinio app , it looks as if that any app that you can synch external content with is reason to the slow backups.
    I am thankful for your suggestion. Although , I did not have this problem before installing 9.1 version and after checking on through my recently installed apps, I can't discover no matter what that has a backup in the app that might be running as well as stalling out the back up. And the fact that I have by no means used any of the apps that you are talking about. If you have some another other probable apps you using , please pass them on to the here . in addition, I tested putting my phone in Airplane mode. It look like if the handset is making the a back up, that would stop it from access an internet or 3G network. Did not have an effect. Still freezes on the Backup. I believe it is a error in this version of iTunes. Thanks

After reading about this on the other website , I tried doing other iTunes uninstall . Making certain to remove each part. iTunes and every another apple windows application related to iTunes. I didn’t removed the all other remaining folders. just make use of add/remove programs option form the windows control panel.. Restarted and reinstalled iTunes as well as quick time. Checked a manual backup and it did works . then I used my brother iPhone and backed up with accomplished. No restore required. My iPad 2 also was effectively backed up and did an iOS update. A total uninstall was the solution. Hope this will work for you

Since i have upgraded to the iTunes 10.4.0.80 version I was not able too get a backup of my handset. I consider I might get a successful if I upgrade to iOS 5 today, but since it need a backup prior to update the firmware, I'm messed up . there are lot of people here that have continuing to have backup problem and Apple appear to have done not anything. Completely! Its awful thing which is the reason that I me going for the Android very soon.

I have an iPhone 3Gs 32GB on which has about 10 GB space left and iTunes 9.2 installed on Windows XP Pro SP3, and my newest backup after the iPhone 4. OS install has taken over 4 hours! I tried doing the similar thing on a New iMAC with Snow Leopard, considering it will do Backups faster - that was a wrong. It was 0% faster on a MAC. If you are selling a 32GB version of a handset that can have backups complete only through iTunes, after that it should defiantly work in a lot less time than 2 hours. What can we do to get better the backup time?

This is right from the time when the new 9.1.0.79 update to iTunes cam in every one is facing the problem , while it comes to the backup part of the sync on my brother and my iPhone 3GS take nearly 1 hours . The version previous to they would take sub 8 mins or so .How can I roll back?.This is just frustrating .

I have a Success on this and all you need to so is uninstalling every Apple apps displayed under Add/Remove programs after that just reinstalling iTunes 9.1 I was in the end can do backup and sync my iPhone. Just uninstalling/reinstalling iTunes by itself will not help you in anything. I in fact also removed the Apple Mobile Device Support as well as Apple Application Support plus QuickTime. I also get rid of any of the backup folders from unsuccessful backups. This did the trick.