Thread: How to disable Roxio Retrospect from taking backups while it is on wifi connection

How to disable Roxio Retrospect from taking backups while it is on wifi connection

Actually I’m using the Roxio Retrospect 9.0 version and the thing want to do is that disable the clients from taking the backups and when it is connected to the wifi. The thing is that there around 35 macbooks in the office from which some are connected to wifi and some are wirely connected. The problem is that macbook which are connected to the wifi slows down whole wifi in the office while taking the backups. So for this I want to know that how can I disable the roxio retrospect to take backup while it is using the wifi connections.

And the main thing is that, it should be able to change the settings from the server side and not from the client PC.

Re: How to disable Roxio Retrospect from taking backups while it is on wifi connection

For this you should give the static DHCP address of the client to the LAN connections. After doing this use the static IP/hostname to add the clients.
    Doing this retrospect will only recognize that the client is on the LAN connections and will not able to detect when it is on the wifi connection.

Re: How to disable Roxio Retrospect from taking backups while it is on wifi connection

I tried with the above procedure and found out that whenever the IP address is entered it takes back to the host name. I have noticed that after doing the above steps it still responds to the wifi. So is there any other way to do this

I don’t know why it is not working with you, as I have used the same. Because do not take backup on the wifi unless the client is detected by the LAN/ Ethernet connections, as I do not take back up while it I on the wifi, since doing this may slow down the wifi.