Thread: Update for HP MediaSmart DVD for Blu-ray on Windows 7

Update for HP MediaSmart DVD for Blu-ray on Windows 7

Hello friends, i wanted to have HP MediaSmart DVD application, i wanted to solve some problem. I facing problem with the Blu-Ray playback when using it on windows 7. So does anyone has the update of it so that i can get it and solve the problem please help me. Thank you.

Re: Update for HP MediaSmart DVD for Blu-ray on Windows 7

You might get on HP website there might be a link which might be direct update for SP44615 (non TouchSmart) and SP44616 (TouchSmart) so you will get it, the update only work on HP desktop computers which is been delivered with a drive capable of playing BD titles. So you search and install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    You might get on HP website there might be a link which might be direct update for SP44615 (non TouchSmart) and SP44616 (TouchSmart) so you will get it, the update only work on HP consumer desktop systems which is been shipped with a drive capable of playing BD titles. So you search and install it.
    The update which you re talking about is not working properly. Those were the update which HP has released saying that it will fix all the issue with installation, which it has not done, even it has told that it will have additional support for Blu-Ray which is not at all there. I am not happy at all, where it is been more than 4 months and not got the update to play Blu-Ray disk, so still waiting for that. I do not think that HP might have testing of softwares. I think they might be testing on ONE pc not on several. I am using HP TouchSmart IQ826t CTO Desktop which was having Blu-Ray support.

I have tried the update from the same site, but did not work for me. I am using HP TouchSmart IQ506, it has not worked it. The update to install on system then it was installing and was not getting any error message, but i really get that Installation is completed, but it has not installed. So what you think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by PaaJi View Post
    I have tried the update from the same site, but did not work for me. I am using HP TouchSmart IQ506, it has not worked it. The update to install on system then it was installing and was not getting any error message, but i really get that Installation is completed, but it has not installed. So what you think about it?
    I would suggest that you better try to update the system and go to samelink and download it, i think in second it might be able to install and you will be able to get changes on to system.

I have tried the update (MediaSmart DVD Update sp44616), i am using Touchsmart IQ507, so done for 5 - 6 times. Then also getting the same thing again and again, appears to install and in the end getting "Installation Complete" box. If you go to check update on system, then it has not been installed, i have tried to check by rebooting system. I wanted to know that does anyone have tried with Touchsmart PC, if it has done then please tell me how it has worked.

I am on e9240f which is on of my second. Where first one has not play blurays. Whereas new one did play it for two weeks but then sudden was not been recognize disks, the disk is been disappears in window, then it comes back on restart the computer.