Thread: ‘Item type is invalid for AcceptItem action and Visible but Inaccessible Outbox’ error message on Outlook 2011 for Mac OS X

‘Item type is invalid for AcceptItem action and Visible but Inaccessible Outbox’ error message on Outlook 2011 for Mac OS X

I have installed Office 2011 on my Mac OS X. I am getting following error message on Outlook. ‘Error 19872: Item type is invalid for AcceptItem action for any invitation response to either iCal or Lotus Notes.’ Tell me if you are aware of any possible solution to fix it. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: ‘Item type is invalid for AcceptItem action and Visible but Inaccessible Outbox’ error message on Outlook 2011 for Mac OS X

In order to resolve the issue you will need to do following steps.
    • You have to go for Preferences and go for Accounts.
    • Now click on ‘choose the account effected’ and click on Advanced button.
    • After that click on Security and change Signing Algorithm to SHA-1.

Re: ‘Item type is invalid for AcceptItem action and Visible but Inaccessible Outbox’ error message on Outlook 2011 for Mac OS X

The issue is due to security settings of the mail client. You have to once again check different things in the client to fix the same. The error appear mostly when there is no certificate selected. It is not a big issue. You can try creating a new profile and resetting the outlook settings to get a fix for the same. There is no direct solution to resolve the problem. Try to reset the setting and reconfigure outlook back again. I am giving you a link below where you can find various steps to resolve the issue. You can checkout different solution on queries provided about Outlook.

Microsoft Answers Outlook

The problem is associated with Outlook digital id. This kind of error appear commonly if the the public used by the sender is not installed on the receivers pc. You will get the error on your screen. Also the error appear if the digital certificate provided is damage or not proper. You have to re-verify the same. I am giving you a link below. This link has details about fixing problem with digital id. I think the process mentioned in the same can help you to easily resolve the problem you are facing. Just click on the link and test out once.

Your digital ID name cannot be found