Thread: Office 2008 installer could not complete the setup gives error no software found

Office 2008 installer could not complete the setup gives error no software found

I have Mac at home with hard drive formatted properly with new Lion OS. When I was trying to install the office 2008 from DVD, installer gave me the error that says could not complete the setup because there was no software found to install! I have install this same software from same source before also!I also have original software so there can’t be any chance of bug or corrupted file!How can I solve this problem ?

Re: Office 2008 installer could not complete the setup gives error no software found

Are you sure you have the complete program? This looks like you have only upgrade for Microsoft office 2008 package. If that is true then, you should install the program of previous version first and then run this upgrade! If not then at least when installer asks for software you should browse through source disk and show it to installer.

Re: Office 2008 installer could not complete the setup gives error no software found

How is that possible I have used it before successfully and it did not show any error before then,how come it shows now? Can I update that copy of software and try again? I am asking because I am afraid I might lose it after trying to update it!

If you think you have original copy and have used it before then sure go ahead and update it! It is better to update it than have corrupted or faulty setup! Make sure you keep the backup of this copy in case something goes wrong! We will never know what can happen! You can have two ways of updating the setup:
    1. Go to any office application in Menu there is a option “check for updates”
    2. Go directly to the official website and download the update from there. You will need 12.1.0 SP1 and 12.3.2 updaters to update the of
      office!

You should make a backup of setup by using TimeMachine as it is not easy to roll back to previous version if update fails! Here are the steps for updating your setup:
    1. You should have the office installed in boot volume with admin account.
    2. Now launch the Microsoft autoupdater (to launch it go to any office application and select “check for update” from help in menu.).
    3. After you launch it select “keep in dock”.
    4. Close all the Microsoft applications. To check log out of your account and again login with shift key pressed. This will disable all the applications from startup.
    5. Now select the autoupdater from dock and download updater and then install it.
    6. Do restart after each update.
    7. Remove autoupdater from dock after the update!