Thread: why safari 5.1.1 is not as fast as Mozilla Firefox?

why safari 5.1.1 is not as fast as Mozilla Firefox?

I have just installed safari 5.1.1 in my macbook and find it very slow, it is very hard to surf internet on this browser. Where Mozilla is much faster, it’s blazing fast. I want to know why the folks at Apple haven't noticed this and why safari is lagging.

re: why safari 5.1.1 is not as fast as Mozilla Firefox?

In safari 5.1.1 if you have a lot of tabs open or you have open lot of pages which are running Flash, Safari hangs sometimes and requires a restart of Safari. And this can often be inconvenient, and really the safari hang because of its plugs ins which is usually because of flash. Now go back to safari the page which is using flash plug-in and the page will show loading continuously.

If you have problem because of flash plug-in the install latest version of flash 10.1 that is for PPC Macs and 10.2 for Intel Macs. This flash player is to improved.

I don’t think that safari is lagging, I think that the safari is the fastest browser It is also fast than Mozilla Firefox and safest browser available for Mac.even i am using this browser from long time and but never had such issue with my safari browser. but still if you have page loading problem, your page is taking long time and delay before the page start to load, and then suddenly load normal. Then do one thing open system preference network and then double click on your connection type or select it in your drop down menu and add this number in your box marked DSN server and is numbers, 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and if you enter this click on advance and DSN. You also reverse the order of DSN number in case of long delay before the page start and suddenly normal load. so by doing this you will surely solve your safari lagging problem. and if there is again any problem in your safari then let me know i will surely solve your problem.

Thanks for your suggestion, I had disable the DSN pre fetching in safari so I followed your step and added the DSN number, the safari start working fine. Now I have tested safari and Mozilla Firefox and find that safari has beaten Mozilla Firefox.

Even I had problem in my safari it was not loading page and was loading page very slow. So I closed safari and empty your safari cache by deleting home /Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/cache.db. Delete this from trash and restart your safari, after doing this my safari start working with blazing speed.

Re: why safari 5.1.1 is not as fast as Mozilla Firefox?

I just done all the setting and empty safari cache but it is still slower than Mozilla Firefox. So now I will try doing upgrade or reinstall or I will remove safari application. because i have tried all the setting and also done DSN setting but nothing worked.