Thread: Unable to save a Microsoft word document by “save as” option in Mac!

Unable to save a Microsoft word document by “save as” option in Mac!

Whenever i go to save the word document with “save as” it takes the name of an old document as a name? Sometimes it uses the starting line of the document as a document name! how can I solve this problem? Is there any way by which I can get the name of the document in “save as” option?

re: Unable to save a Microsoft word document by “save as” option in Mac!

This is the strange problem ever read about the word documents. When you click “save as” button it always take the default name of the document! Have you installed any “file-save-as” macro on your computer? You might be taking that option for word document option! What happens if you click “save” instead the “save as” button.

No, I am not using any type of the macro for saving the document file! Every time I try to save the file, a name of the old document that I had saved before is suggested every time. I tried option “save” also but it gives the same result. I wrote the word “office” and then wrote some lines after the title. When I went to save the document it showed me the same old title! Is there any work around for this? For your information I am also using updated version 11.6.6. of office.

Go to document and start the new document, click on tools select templates and add-ons. Click on the organizer button from left side of dialog box. now it will open new pop-up select the macros tab from there. It will show you the list of the macros present in your normal template! If you see the list of the macros then locate the ”FileSave As” or “FileSave” macro and remove it.
    If you don’t see any list of the macro there then restart the computer and follow these steps:
    1. Start the Finder and go to documents and find the folder named “Microsoft user data”. Open that folder and find the normal.dot file. Now rename this file to “OldNormal.dot”.
    2. Now start the word document and see if this changes anything. If this doesn’t change anything then repeat the previous step.

Re: Unable to save a Microsoft word document by “save as” option in Mac!

Hey, now I know what caused me this! i found old fonts and Silverlight in Microsoft folder. i use lots of old software from Tiger Os in my new Mac that are not compatible with new versions of Mac OSs. I looked in Microsoft folder for user data file and found normal file is labeled as normal only and not normal.dot. Sorry for troubling you .