Thread: Macro VB project Message error message after closing Microsoft Excel file

Macro VB project Message error message after closing Microsoft Excel file

My codes image a table in Office 2003 excel template with macro enable, after I update to Office 2007, I get this error message on closing the workbook: The following features cannot be saved in macro-free workbooks. VB project. To save a file with these features, click No, and then choose a macro-enabled file type in the File Type list.To continue saving as a macro-free workbook, click Yes. Is there a way I can suppress this message programmatically? Or using Office 2007 policy? It seems that Office 2007 does not allow to save as .xlsx with macro. Thanks for your help.

Re: macro-free workbooks - VB project message error message after closing Microsoft Excel

You need to save it once as a 'macro-enabled workbook' in 2007. I think the type is xlsm. After that you can save the file without getting this message.

Re: macro-free workbooks - VB project message error message after closing Microsoft Excel

But every-time after the user images the template, then he closes this template, the error message displays again. Is there a way, I can default this template to .xlsm (or .xls) on saving when user closes the template?

A template will try to save the file in the default format of Excel 2007 You can change the default file format to xlsm(with macros) See Office Button>Excel Options. Save I send a suggestion to MS to always default the save for a template with code as xlsm.

The main reason for this error due to the application VB runtime is trying to copy and paste the complete row in a worksheet or may groped too many lines in the Excel worksheet. To resolve this runtime error, you must first make sure that the VB macro is just transferred to the line defined in the Excel worksheet. Rather than copy the complete row, you can get it done using a simple command. In this way, data is transferred to the system without leaving any piece of information.

The use of the registry repair tool will completely remove the errors and fix the runtime error 1004 easily and efficiently. This registry repair tool, not only helps to solve the error code 1004, but also helps to solve a series of errors which is caused by damage to the registry.