Thread: Office 2011 14.1.4 update fails to install with an error

Office 2011 14.1.4 update fails to install with an error

I am running office 2011 14.1.3 update from a while on my Mac computer but couple of days ago when I try to install the office 2011 update from Microsoft update the installation process fails showing the following error : office 2011 14.1.3 can’t be installed on the disk, a version of software is required to install this update.
    If anyone having information regarding this error, then please help me to solve this error as office 2011 14.1.3 update is not good for me.

Re: Office 2011 14.1.4 update fails to install with an error

I think you should make sure that your Microsoft office 2011folder must be located in the application on the start- up volume, and if you have move the Microsoft office 2011 folder into subfolders then this can cause the application installation process to break in between with this kind of error ,so first move the Microsoft office 2011 folder in the application and then try to install the update.

‘Office 2011 14.1.4 cant installed on the disk the version of software required to install this update was not found on this volume’ this kind of error mostly occur when external hard disk drive is connected in your computer or because of the time machine or any other application is interfering the installation process you must check this and found anything like that then you can fix this by disconnecting the external hard disk drive and close all the running application including time machine, just simply go to apple menu and select force quit ,select the application you want to close from the ‘force quit application window’ and similarly quit all the active application, and then try to install the update.

If your installation process of office 2011 14.1.3 update fails with such error then you can try the following solution to resolve this error
    First restart your computer and then go to application folder, In application folder select the folder utilities and open the console from folder utilities ,finally select the button to clear display once you have done this then try to install the update again, I hope so this solution will worked for you.

The error you are getting indicates that you already have an update and do not have to apply it again ,so make sure that the update you are trying to install is not already installed on your computer you can check this by opening one of the office application like word, just click About word from the word menu and note the version of the software select ok to close the window and then on the help menu select the check for updates and note the version of the updates ,and compare the version number of the software with the update version number ,if the software version number is greater than the update version then the update has been already installed and no need to install It again

Before installing the office 2011 update make sure that the Microsoft office folder is located in the application because If the Microsoft office folder is not in the application the Microsoft auto update unable to detect the office on your computer and this cause unable to install the update that you are trying. If you found the Microsoft office folder is not in the application then you should move it to the application ,just go to file menu and search the Microsoft office 2008 or 2011 and select enter, just drag the folder you have find in the search result to the desktop, and go to Go menu and select the application and finally drag the folder from the desktop to application.

if you have already install the office 2011 14.1.4 update on your computer and try out all the solution and still get the same error then I would like to suggest you to do reinstall office 2011, first remove it from your Mac computer and restart your computer and then reinstall office 2011 on your computer ,after this you will definitely able to install the update that you want.

if you are unable to install the update with the same error message and you have also try with the remove and reinstall office 2011 then I think you should contact with the Microsoft tech support they will assist you how to get out of this error.