Thread: How to maintain performance in word 2011 on MAC

How to maintain performance in word 2011 on MAC

As using the word 2011 on MAC, what I noticed is that the performance of the word has been degraded while working on it. Yesterday when working on the word with larger pages I saw while typing the letters on the screen appears after long interval. For which it consumes more time and is really frustrating. The same happens while giving backspace, so I would like to know that what are things I have to do to maintain the performance in word 2011 on MAC.

Re: How to maintain performance in word 2011 on MAC

For this I want to ask have you tried changing to the draft mode, if not then try out and see whether the performance has been changed or not.

Actually I’m too facing the same issue of the poor performance in the word 2011. I see larger files take more time to open and typing in it also is very slow.

So want to know that has anyone have came against this type if issue, because mine is working very slow.

There are many reasons due to which, performance of the word can lag

• Due to some inappropriate changes in settings
    • Autorecovery time is kept for few minutes (less than 10 min)
    • May be due to system memory running with many task, try to reboot the system again
    • Might not be having the latest updates.

And there could be still many other reason for getting this kind of issue.

I don’t think so there should be any problem with the larger files or documents as I’m working on the word with more than 300 pages and does not have any issue of getting slow while typing on it. According to me the reason for your issue maybe due to the every time you do the track changes and due to this it is not able to keep the records of the track and due to which such type of issue is created, as it is not able to get the fresh start point.

For e.g: after creating a word document, you change something and after which another person changes and then it goes on. Due to this word is not able to keep the track of the changes done and thus this type of issue is noticed.

For this issue see that you fix the disk permission and after that reboot your system. Now after this see that your all changes which you have done on the word are now placed in the memory. And want to know that are you facing this issue with the existing file or created file or also face the same issue when working on new word. If you have not tried noticing on the new word documents then try doing with and see that whether you facing the same issue or working it properly.

I have checked on the new documents and am not getting any issue. But when try on the existing word file, I get this type of issue and specially with the larger files.

I have checked on the new documents and am not getting any issue. But when try on the existing word file, I get this type of issue and specially with the larger files.
    See if you are not getting the issue on the new word file created than it is clear that it is not able to keep the track the changes done.