Thread: unable to setup system components for showing pictures or sound

unable to setup system components for showing pictures or sound

I have recently Installed Roxio Creator 2012 Pro on a new pc. My video capture was working very well until and unless I installed applications from the disc. I can easily connect my camcorder through fireware with no issue. The error occurs at the moment when I use ADVC 110 video converter. Camcorder cannot capture video due to setup error. Can anyone help me relevant to this issue?? Any advice regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: unable to setup system components for showing pictures or sound

I will suggest you to check the compatibility of ADVC 110 video convertor. If it is compatible then reinstall Roxio Creator 2012 Pro. There are also several factors speed and usage of the processor used by other applications and transfers which are processed. Also the frame rate, sample rate, and resolution. Which system do you use and what are the configurations?? If you tell me I will be able to tell you precisely about this issue.

I too faced the same problem with Creator 2011 using the ADVC 110 video converter. The bug is listing me that I need a compatible driver. The ADVC 110 is an external DV digitizer which showcases a digitized video stream like any other DV camera. Roxio Creator 2012 Pro capture doesn't work. The USB capture device doesn't work with their own software which is very annoying. Roxio 2011 version at least used to generate file but 2012 version is not able to do it.

My computer is a Dell Precision 4500 running Win7 OS with 4GB RAM and a dual quad-core i7 processor. The template manager is showing an error now. It is failing to detect the capture qualities which are available for this advice. I uninstalled it but it is showing the same error. I even tried different USB ports. What should I do now?? Please help.

I will suggest you to capture ADVC 110's software. The device is powered by the firewire port. You should use another port on the computer. Don’t use 6 pin connector cable because I have checked the specifications of your computer and it shows that it has only 4 pin 1394 port. Use optional power supply and use 4 pin connector instead of 6 pin connector.

I think you should use Windows MovieMaker which is free with Windows Live suite if you are unable to fix your issue. It offers you free Open Source tools such as WinDV, VirtualDub and the VLC Player Tool. If you want to capture photo from external source this is the best option.

Thanks’ a lot friends for giving me your suggestions. I am highly admired. Really appreciated