Thread: Why recent windows update are unchecked in Windows 7

Why recent windows update are unchecked in Windows 7

Hello friends, I am getting the notification message telling that there two important updates (KB2656356 and KB2656351) and rest was fine. Most of time such updates are been checked and download automatically by the Windows, so when i have check then it was showing me unchecked and rest are were marked as checked. I do not know what is the problem and does anyone also facing the same issue like i have got it. Please share information about it, thank you.

Re: Why recent windows update are unchecked in Windows 7

Such kind of the problem are due to the system. Those updates might be downloaded automatically but was not successful installed. It has happen most of the people, sometimes it happen. IF you try to download it and install it again, if it failed then you can try the below method

• Right click on command prompt window and select Run As Administrator
    • Type net stop cryptsvc
    • Wait for Windows to stop the service
    • Type CD\
    • Press Enter
    • Type CD windows\system32
    • Press Enter
    • Type ren catroot2 catroot3
    • Press Enter
    • Retry Windows Update

I have done it manually for the Office system but it automatically get worked on Home System. I just need to do the DLed the stand alone installer and then installation is done fine.

I think it might be the issue with those two updates and might be something which is not working properly. You can go to Microsoft official site and read the article and click on the link for each of update for future information. You can go to the following link and get information for you.

MS11-100: Vulnerability in the .NET Framework could allow elevation of privilege

I am also having the same problem that the important updates are been unchecked. I am using a system at home, i have not installed at the Service Pack 1. Is there might be problem that i am not have installed the Service Pack on the System? So can you please help me. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RICKYb View Post
    I am also having the same problem that the important updates are been unchecked. I am using a system at home, i have not installed at the Service Pack 1. Is there might be problem that i am not have installed the Service Pack on the System? So can you please help me. Thank you.
    It was something which i was getting it earlier which is been dissapear now. There was some of the update to Windows 7 which make more easier for future updates. But only differenec was that i was having the Service Pack 1 installed. I think that the developers of Microsoft are good to enough to predict to make some of the update for futhur which may not be fit on some of system. So in next campaign of Microsoft will be there update and it will be helpful for you and might not harm any of system configuration.

I think that it might be relate to the similar thing which i was use to do. When i have selected the important updates and installed on the Acer laptop. I was use to get the BSOD, so due that i have uninstall it and waiting for it to view the cause will occur or not.