Thread: Getting "com.microsoft.ole_automation" message while opening Office for Mac 2011 applications

Getting "com.microsoft.ole_automation" message while opening Office for Mac 2011 applications

In my MACbook I have installed Microsoft office 2011 and I am using MAC OS X 10.6.8. suddenly MS office has started giving me problems. Whenever I try to open word, excel or anything at that time I get "com.microsoft.ole_automation" message. Please provide me solution.

Re: Getting "com.microsoft.ole_automation" message while opening Office for Mac 2011 applications

This problem normally takes place if you have moved the folder of Microsoft office to different place. if you have moved MS office folder or any of its contents then I will suggest you to put that folder in applications folder. Once you move Microsoft office folder ti applications folder then you have to restart the system. now after restarting the system you have to try to open any of the MS office application like MS word, excel etc and then you have to check whether you are getting same message or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

Re: Getting "com.microsoft.ole_automation" message while opening Office for Mac 2011 applications

If you have not moved Microsoft office folder and after that also if you are having problem then you can solve this problem by weeding your fonts. Many times by weeding the fonts we can solve this type of problems and that is why I am suggesting you this solution. Try this trick and then your problem may get solved.

If you don’t know about the font weeding then you have to follow these steps.
    • First you have to close all MS office application.
    • Open apple font book.
    • After opening Fontboook go to edit menu.
    • Select Select Duplicated Fonts in edit menu.
    • After that click on resolve duplicated.
    • Restart the system.
    • After doing that your problem will get solved.

I was facing same problem in iMac and after that I thought that problem is with office and I have tried to solve this problem uninstalling office and installing it back in my system and after doing that also I was facing same problem and after that I have searched on the internet regarding this problem and after that I have come to know that by repairing disk permission problem can get solved. I have tried same trick and then my problem get solved. you should also try this solution and your problem will also get solved.

Well if you want to Repair Disc Permissions on a Mac then you can follow these steps.

You have to first start your system and then you have to go the application and after going in to the application you have to open Utilities. After opening the Utilities you have to start disc utility application. Now you need to select your hard drive and then you have to click on the "Verify Disc Permissions" and after that process gets completed then you have to select repair disc permission to fix all the problems.

After doing that you have to restart the system and the try to open any MS office application and check whether your problem get solved or not?

I have tried to fix problem by weeding fonts as you have suggested and after doing that also same problem was occurred. Now after that I have repair disc permission but that does not make any difference at all. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

As far as I k now this problem occurs because of the language also. All you have to do is make sure that English is selected as input language and if there is any other language selected then you have to change it to English and after that you will not face any problem while opening the MS office applications. If you still get same problem then let me know.

If you don’t know from where to select input language then you have to first open system preferences in your MACbook and after that you have to go to the language input and then check there whether English is selected there or not. After doing that you have to restart the system and then your problem will get solved.

I hope your problem will get solved after performing this solution.

I have open system preferences in my MACbook and after that I have set English as input language and after doing that when I tried to open MS WORD after restarting the MACbook at that time I didn’t get any problem. Thank you for helping me.