Thread: while saving documents Microsoft Word for Mac 2008 freezes

while saving documents Microsoft Word for Mac 2008 freezes

I am using MAC book pro and I have MAC OS X 10.6.8 in my system. I am using Microsoft office for MAC 2008 and I am facing problem with MS WORD. Whenever try to save document at that time Microsoft word 2008 freezes. If anyone has solution regarding this then please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Re: while saving documents Microsoft Word for Mac 2008 freezes

I have read your problem and I will suggest you to try to solve this problem removing the preferences and after removing the preferences you have to open word in your Macbook again and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. As far as I know after trying ths solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

If you want to remove preferences then you have to open library and after opening the library you have to open the preferences folder. Now after that opening the preferences folder you have to look for the com.microsoft.Word.plist file. You have to move com.microsoft.Word.plist file on desktop and after that you have to start Microsoft word again and then check whether your problem get solved or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Have you tried to solve this problem by performing clean boot in your MAcbook pro? If you have not tried then I will suggest you to perform clean boot in your MACbook pro and after performing the clean boot if you don’t get same problem then It means any of the back ground service is causing this problem.

Yes I will also suggest you the same. Performing the clean boot in your system will enable you to detect exact pblem.

You have to first turn off your MACboook and after turning of the MAC book you have to start it again and after starting that you have to press and hold Shift key. When you get apple logo on screen at that time release the shift key. Now after sometime you will be able to see safe boot login screen. Now you have to check whether you are facing same problem with the MS word or not. If you don’t get problem than any of the service creating problems.

I hope this solution willro be helpful for you.

As far as I know repairing disk permission can also help you to solve this problem and that is why I will suggest you to repair disk permission in your MACbook pro and after repairing the Disk permission your problem will get solved.

You can repair disk permission by trying these steps.
    • You have to start Disk utilities from the utilities.
    • After that select primary HDD of your system.
    • Now you click on first aid tab.
    • Select Repair disk permission.

I have perform clean boot in my MAC book pro and after performing the clean boot in my MAC book prop also I was facing same problem while saving documents in MS word. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by removing preferences but still facing same problem. Now please tell me how can I fix this problem?

As you have mentioned that after trying all the above tricks also you are facing same problem and that is why I would like to tell you that you have to reset Normal.dotm template in your MACbook and after resetting the Normal.dotm template you have to restart Microsoft word and after doing that your problem will get solved. try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

To reset Normal.dotm template you have to first close word and then you have to go to the finder. After going in to the finder you have to open the library and after opening he library you have to open Microsoft folder from the application support. Now select office folder and then open it. Select user template.

After that you have to rename the file called Normal.dot(m) file to oldNormal.dot(m)and then you have to restart the MS word and then check what the situation is.

Well if after resetting the normal.dot file also if you are facing same problem then I will suggest you to uninstall office 2008 for mac from your MACbook and then you have to install office again and after reinstalling that your problem will get solved.