Thread: Footnotes disappears and cuts off in Microsoft word for mac

Footnotes disappears and cuts off in Microsoft word for mac

In my computer I have MAC OS X lion and I have recently installed Microsoft office 2011.after installing the MS office for MAC in my system I am experiencing problem with MS word. I have added footnotes and sometimes It gets disappeared and sometimes it does not appears properly. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Footnotes disappears and cuts off in Microsoft word for mac

Does it happen with any particular document in your system or this problem occurs with every document which you use. If this problem occurs with all documents in your system then problem is with the MS office and problem occurs with any particular document then problem is with that document.

According to me you have to uncheck Lay out footnotes like Word 6.x/95/97/98 option from the MS word and after unchecking that option your problem will get solved. You should try this solution and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

To uncheck Lay out footnotes like Word 6.x/95/97/98 on MS word you have to follow these steps.

• You have to first open Microsoft word for MAC.
    • After that open preferences.
    • Now you need to click on the Compatibility tab.
    • Now you will see the Lay out footnotes like Word 6.x/95/97/98 box in the option.
    • You have to uncheck that.
    • Click on OK.

Have you saved the document as earlier version of the word or you have saved document as in current version format? If you have saved the document in earlier format then I will suggest you save that document in current version format and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

According to me you should try to solve this problem by changing the line spacing to “exactly” and after doing this your problem will get solved. I am telling you this because I was also experiencing the same problem and after that I have search the solution on the internet and I come to know that by changing the line spacing to “exactly” this problem can get solved and after that I have tried this solution and then my problem get solved.

I think you should also try this solution and then your problem will get solved.

I am facing this problem with every document and I have first tried to solve this problem by unchecking Lay out footnotes like Word 6.x/95/97/98 option and after that also I was facing same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by saving the document as a current format but that does not help to solve this problem.

I don’t know how set line spacing to “exactly” in word. Please provide steps for that. Thank you in advance.

To set line spacing to “exactly” you have to first select all text in your document and after selecting all text you have to choose paragraph from the format menu. After doing that you have to select exactly under line spacing and then click on OK and after that your problem will get solved. If you need any more help then let me know.

What happen when you reduce the size of the text ion your document? You should decrease the size of the text and after decreasing the size check whether it makes any difference or not. To decrease the size of the text you have to select the font from the format menu and then you have to change size and after changing the size your problem might get solved.

If you still face the same problem after that then let me know.

Thank you so much for helping me. After following your steps I have set line spacing to exactly and after setting that all the things started working properly. Now I am not facing any problem with footnotes. I really appreciate your help.