Thread: Microsoft word for mac hangs while doing Copy and Paste

Microsoft word for mac hangs while doing Copy and Paste

In my new iMac I have installed Microsoft office 2011 and after installing that all the things were working properly. In my system whenever I try to copy images from webpage to Microsoft word at that time it gets crash. I don’t know what is wrong but this problem is frustrating for me. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Microsoft word for mac hangs while doing Copy and Paste

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that you have to open Microsoft word and after that you have to go to help option and then select check for updates and then you have to check whether it is up to date or not. You have to also check whether this problem occurs while copy pasting any particular type of contents or this problem occurs with any type of content. If problem occurs with any type of content then there might be something wrong with the MS office in your iMac.

According to me you have to disable "Use Smart Cut Paste" option in Microsoft word and after disabling that you have to check while you are getting same problem while copy pasting or not. According to me after turning off the "Use Smart Cut Paste" from Word you will not get same problem.

To disable "Use Smart Cut Paste" option in Microsoft word you have to follow these steps.
    • First open Microsoft word in your system.
    • After that you have to go to the Preferences.
    • After going in to the Preferences you have to select edit.
    • From edit option you have to disable "Use Smart Cut Paste".

I hope after performing this steps your problem will get solved. if you need any more information regarding this then let me know.

Well as you have said that I have to disable "Use Smart Cut Paste" option in Microsoft word and after that I have disabled that and after disabling that I have closed Microsoft word from my computer and aft that I have restart Microsoft word in my computer and after restarting that when I tried to copy paste at that timer also I get same problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

As you have mentioned that after disabling the smart cut paste option in word also you are experiencing the same problem and that is why I would like to tell you that you should fix font issues by running the font book and then you have to check whether you get any help or not.

Try this trick and then let me know whether it makes any difference or not.

If you don’t know about top fix font related problem from font book then you have to follow these steps.
    • You have to first go to the application folder.
    • After that you have to open font book.
    • Now you have to select all fonts from the collection columns.
    • Now you have to select all fonts and then you have to Validate Fonts.
    • Select Warnings or Error option from the dropdown menu in upper-left corner
    • Now you have to check all error box and then click on remove checked.
    • Restart the system and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then you have to Repair Disk Permissions in your iMac and after Repairing Disk Permissions you have to restart the system and after trying that you have to see whether your problem get solved or not.

I will suggest you to remove Microsoft office 2011 from your iMac and after that you have to install office again in your system and after installing the office in your system again you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

I'm facing the very same problem. Has tried all ur suggestions but not working. I have never face this problem before, very frustrating indeed. Feels like wanna throw my macbook down from my 15th floor apartment...