Thread: PowerPoint on Office for Mac 2011 hang on startup in Mac OX S

PowerPoint on Office for Mac 2011 hang on startup in Mac OX S

Hi guys

I need help on this. Just recently I have bought the Office for Mac 2011 and really was excited about that but there is a issue I am at the moment facing . now I was aware that there is some bug that can prevent to install this software but mine was perfectly installed so I am guessing that is not the reason for this issue . Now the problem is my PowerPoint hangs when I start it. This is really been annoying to me as I am not able to use this software . can anyone here help me on this I would be really very much appreciating this .

Thanks in advance ,

Re: PowerPoint on Office for Mac 2011 hang on startup in Mac OX S

Yeah the same problem here I am using the Office for Mac 2011. And I had some urgent work with PowerPoint but when I start it , it’s just Immediately after launching trying to interact with the program, it hangs and crashes. This is irritating can anyone here can help me on this , nothing at the moment is working to rectify this issue .

Determine if your issue is machine or user specific by creating a new user profile and then test .Once you’ve created the new account, log into it and test. Does the same issue occur? If the problem persists, your issue is most likely profile specific. Next, remove the PowerPoint preferences by first logging in to your main account, then follow this link . I hope this help

I think I have a solution to this . I suggest you to test it whether the proble is system related or it a User's folder that have this issue just create a new user by this technique Just go to the system preferences and over there make new user ,then switch the new user by log in into the account by use Fast User Switching t. now test the power point and if the problem is still there then it mean the problem is on base files. Or else its User's folder.

it appear that my MacBook Pro crashes while I try to show a slide show in my PowerPoint. It is a constant setback and occur with no fail while I make use of the slide view presentation mode. I have attempt reinstalling PowerPoint however this did not work. No additional piece of this software has this an issue . What happens is that my display goes black and every input device become unresponsive

I can say that this occur on my machine too . I have establish that while making use the dedicated GPU ,Power Point come across unsteadiness and hence hang or crash too. Forcing the integrated solve this issue for me.

Be great if Microsoft patch this almost immediately.

I have had the similar issue with Office 2011 PowerPoint. Crash to unresponsive black screen, have to force off by means of power button. I have the 15" MacBook Pro , Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Crash issue turn out to be more frequent in due course. I have tried making an another user account and the issue still there .removing and reinstalled Office2011 for Mac as with the MS instruction support pages also has the similar crash, on launch, when opening a file following launch, or while clicking onto a different slide if a successful launch does take place I would be happy but in this circumstance is unusable Too bad since I have one more presentation to make and give tomorrow, and I was previously paid for and at the present depend on the MSOffice2011 software. If anybody has solve why this issue is occurring kindly share your insight and a answer if you have one?

ThankYou.