Thread: Unable to restore Acronis True Image 11 to SATA Drive

Unable to restore Acronis True Image 11 to SATA Drive

as the title saying what I wanted to ask you over here. Well I am having backup on ATI 11 (8053) and it need to restore the SATA drive which supposed to replaced IDE drive of same size. I have installed new motherboard on my system. BIOS is able to detect SATA hard drive but Acronis is not getting detected. I wanted to tell you that Backup was made from boot cd from ide drive and I was trying to restore sata from boot cd. Generally backup image was made to usb hard drive and Acronis was able to see image when I was trying to restore. But SATA drive was not available over there. Any help to fix the issue will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to restore Acronis True Image 11 to SATA Drive

Which version of ATI do you using? If you are using ATi 11 then it is quite old version and you will not have any difference drivers for the same. In case you are using Ati 2011 then you should get iso for the boot CD and see whether set of drivers are working or not. I have noticed that some of the download iso is having the different set of the drivers.

If the above mentioned solution did not seems to working for you then you will need to go for ATI2012. To create a bootcd by using it you will require to purchase ATi 2012. For a try you should restore backup to the drive that version of ati able to see. Now you have to create a new backup by using non-ati backup program. After that you should use the newer program you have to restore new backup to SATA drive.

As you are using bootable CD you will be able to restore data by using SATA drivers in image when the disk is running into IDE mode. Now you have to controlled back to SATA before you are supposed to boot your computer. as far as CD has been detected by the drives irrespective of it is IDE or SATA, backing up or restoring will work for you.
    In case recovery CD did not detecting drives whether it is IDE or SATA drive you should try with BartPE-based disk or a WinpPE disk.