Thread: OSS is not able to launch default OS on Windows XP Pro and Windows XP home dual boot system after BSOD

OSS is not able to launch default OS on Windows XP Pro and Windows XP home dual boot system after BSOD

Recently I have made my Windows XP pro computer to the dual boot system by making use of Disc Director and created an extra partition on which I have installed Windows XP. After that I have used OSS to boot with Windows XP as a default. I got couple of BSOD consecutively. After the 2nd BSOD the system of mine carried CHKDSK repair. As I am trying to boot by using default OS I got a blank screen with the flashing cursor located at the top left. I am able to boot by using Windows XP partition without having problem. Can you tell me how can I troubleshoot the above mentioned issue?

Re: OSS is not able to launch default OS on Windows XP Pro and Windows XP home dual boot system after BSOD

After going through the issue of yours I wanted to tell you that you should access Windows partition. In case it is hidden than you have to unhide. Or you should assign the partition the drive letter into the Disk Management.

Re: OSS is not able to launch default OS on Windows XP Pro and Windows XP home dual boot system after BSOD

You can try with following steps to get BOOTWIZ.OSS file.
    • You have to go for Disk Management and right click on HP_PAVILION and choose Change Driver Letter and Paths.
    • After that you have to click on Add button and choose Assign the following drive letter option.
    • You have to note letter which you have assigned and click on the Ok button.
    • Once done you have done you have to browse the partition and simply get BOOTWIZ.OSS

Well in this particular situation you can fix the issue by repairing.
    1. You have to go for OSS menu and try to boot using HP partition. You will get a blank screen.
    2. After that you should reboot the computer. now insert the XP installation CD and reboot the computer.
    3. As the CD boots you have to go for Recovery Console.
    4. You have to run fixboot once you have got the prompt.
    5. The above mentioned thing will repair the boot sector of currently Active partition.
    6. After completing with the process you have to remove CD and restart the computer.

Could be an issue with memory on the computer of yours. so I am saying that you should run a memory test by using memtest and provide the results of it over here. you should get into Windows Event Log and see what results do you getting.

Have you contacted the Acronis technical support team???? If not then contact them and see what they are saying. I will tell you if I managed to get any particular solution to fix the matter of yours.