Thread: Disappointed with the ATIH 2012

Disappointed with the ATIH 2012

As I have been the continuous user of the Acronis since the version 8. So I had expected much from their previous one. So I got it installed the ATIH 2012 on to my system, but using this version what I have noticed is that the system is not working fine as it has drastically slowed down.

The problem I’m facing after installing the ATIH 2012 in windows XP

- Systems take much longer time to boot then the normal one.
    - After logging in icons on the desktops appears one by one
    - While using the ATIH 2012 extremely slows down and also affects other applications

So for this I would like to know that how is the ATIH 2012 working on your system as mine is functioning poor. And what I your opinion for this software.

Re: Disappointed with the ATIH 2012

Even ..I’m running the ATIH 2012 on my system and having the same issue, so for this want to say that it not due to the windows XP as I’m running the application on the windows 7 and experiencing the same. Looking to the previous version this time I bought the family pack version of 3 copies

• ATIH 2012
    • Disk Director 11
    • ATIH 2012 Plus Pack

But after using this application thinking that I should have buyed one instead of the whole as this version is really got my system freezed.

If you are getting the system slow using this application then you should try to use the msconfig.exe. now after going to it and disable all the startup programs. After disabling it all try to reboot the system. Now uninstall the ATIH 2012, also remove the Disk Director 11 completely from the system including the registry. Now again reboot the system, if you feel the difference in the performance of the system then install back the ATIH 2012 and see the performance. If you are facing the same issue then try to report the issue to the Acronis support.

I have too noticed the same in my pc after installing the ATIH 2012, though they have given good user interface and is better from their previous version but the thing is that it is extremely slowing down the PC. I think with user interface they should have also work on the performance.

Till now I just used my previous version of the acronis which got it installed in the 2008 but this time I though this time I should try with the new version of the software but after getting installed it on my PC it started taking more time while booting up and also when tried to click or use the application it take more time and some time it freezes up. So I uninstalled it and installed back the previous version and is working fine. I think that I should have never bought the latest version as this software was just really a waste of money.

If you are getting problem with the acronis 2012 application making your PC slow then I think there maybe some application which might be conflicting with the ATIH 2012. So try to locate and remove that particular application and see whether you are able to see any difference or not.