Thread: unknown applications causing windows explorer freeze

unknown applications causing windows explorer freeze

I was scanning my pc with “spyhunter” for any chances of spyware and malwares. I found that there were lots of cookies, widgi toolbar and application updater in log. It was showing the location as c:/user. I tried the deleting the folder but it says that it is being in use by another user. i am logged in as a administrator but still it is still showing error that I don’t have administrator rights to delete this file. When I go to the control panel to manage the accounts, my windows explorer freezes and shows the error not responding! What can be the cause of it?

Re: unknown applications causing windows explorer freeze

result and the reason both are in front of you! It is definitely the malware causing trouble to your computer. Try downloading the “malwarebytes” from internet. It is anti-virus and removes the malwares from your system. Uninstall unnecessary tools that are generally connected to the internet. They might be carrying the malwares to your computer.

I had the malwarebyte software before. It wasn’t working well so uninstalled it. Since then this problem raised even more. Is there any other anti-malware software? I need software that will give me total security including the internet security, spam and Trojans and computer security. can you recommend me any anti-virus that will give me protection from all of this?

You can use the ESET internet security I have used this software before with better results. You should not add plug-ins suggested by the browser. You can remove the add-ons by going to the tools in the internet explorer and then using the manage add-ons option. If you are using any other browser then there will be similar kind of option somewhere. Just find and remove the add-ons .

I had the application like widgi toolbar installed on my pc unknowingly I had it installed from the add-on plug-ins of browser. Application installer also comes with this toolbar only. These are the attacks by the intruders on your pc. They collect your information like IDs and passwords. it can be used against you . If you are doing any internet banking then youa account can be hacked by stealing your bank details.So beware of such applications and don’t install any unnecessary software from anywhere.

Hey, following your advise here i used the new updated ESET antivirus to scan my computer and it deleted the Malwares and some viruses on the spot. i think i was also the affected by the Trojan!i will be more careful next time while using the internet browser. If such software steals our passwords then I might become prey to the hackers someday. I will change all my passwords to online accounts now! thank you very much for your tips and guidance!