Thread: While resizing with the Acronis Disk Directors 11 got my Hard drive corrupted

While resizing with the Acronis Disk Directors 11 got my Hard drive corrupted

Actually I wanted to do extend the partition size which came already installed in the laptop which I don’t use . So for this I want to use the Acronis Disk Directors 11 software so that I can utilize the space. So for this I tried deleting the second partition which was successfully done and so after this I tried with the system partition which initially was going well but at completing stage it showed me the error that the drive is corrupted.

So did anyone come against such kind of error while using the DD 11 recovery software. And how can I fix this issue is there any solution for this.

re: While resizing with the Acronis Disk Directors 11 got my Hard drive corrupted

First thing I would like to know that is this the first time you are using the DD 11 recovery software and have this error occurred before or is the first time. And can you provide me the more details regarding the which laptop you are trying so that it would be easy for me to understand better.

re: While resizing with the Acronis Disk Directors 11 got my Hard drive corrupted

I am using the Lenovo Thinkpad X20 laptop. After performing the procedure using with the DD 11 recovery software what I see is that is showing the same disk size which I was getting with the old disk before partition.

I guess for getting the same old hard disk size is due to the not completing task properly. And why are you asking for which laptop I’m using.

The reason behind asking for the laptop was because that the some of the models in the IBM laptop has got the non standard hard drive which can be the reason but as you are using the Lenovo thinkpad X20 then I think it might be some other reason for this.

As going through this issue on the net what I found on some of the sites is that the Microsoft windows 7 uses the 240 head trick so that the SSD and the HDD partitions can be done correctly. So I guess that the DD 11 is not fully compatible with the windows 7 OS. So I want to confirm that the is the DD 11 fully compatible with the windows 7 or not.

It seems that whatever info you have got or collected is incorrect about the 240 head trick. As the heads numbers are the PC BIOS functions, so I think it differ with the different manufacturer. And regarding the partition what I feel is that you might have done something wrong.

So try it according to this procedure down here and see if you are able to perform partition.

I. Using the Trueimage copy try to image on your SSD drive.
    II. Now using the external USB disk save the image in to it or you can dor the same in to the another PC through the network.
    III. Now try to run the DD 11 and remove all the partitions.
    IV. After this try to create the new partition.
    V. Now try to set the value of the disk layout to the bootable media.
    VI. Doing this the SSD will correctly be align and create the offset value of 1 MB
    VII. Now create the partition and try to create the True Image.

Re: While resizing with the Acronis Disk Directors 11 got my Hard drive corrupted

For this issue have you tried to reduce the partition with the disk management, doing this might fix the problem.