Thread: Winamp freezes while playing music

Winamp freezes while playing music

I am using Winamp from a long time and this was running without any issue but from last one week I am facing some problem with that. Actually whenever I play some music file from this then it get freezes and once this happens then I have to end that program from the Task manager. I have already tried by reinstalling this but that does not worked for me. I think that it needed some advanced solution for this. If somebody over here have suggestion for this then please let me know about that. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Winamp freezes while playing music

I would like to tell you that Free Lossless Audio Codec files are very big files and the quality of these files are better as compared to the mp3 files. Winamp can play these files but there are some of the cases where the winamp faces problem to play these files and results to hang the player. This is just because, it is very large file. If you want to avoid that then you can concert those files to some other format, say mp3 and after that you will find that it will play them without any issue.

I think that you are using some older version of this and so you are facing this issue. What you can do is, just install the latest version of this and see is that lets you out of the problem.

I also like to use the Winamp because it is a bit different as compared to the other available music player. I am saying this because it permits users to install plugins and this allows the player to have the specific audio effects. Almost mall the plugins are stable to use but still there are some of the plugins which are not stable and causes to freeze the player. If you have installed any of such plugin then you can try by removing that.

You might have opened too many of the programs in your computer at the same time and this put too much of load on the processor and this leads to hang the Winamp. I am not saying that this is the only problem with this but it is one of the most possible reasons for this.

Is this freezes only with some of the files? if yes then there is some problem with that files. That file might be corrupted. This was the case for me when I was getting somewhat similar problem and so I think that this might be same for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JyotiT View Post
    Is this freezes only with some of the files? if yes then there is some problem with that files. That file might be corrupted. This was the case for me when I was getting somewhat similar problem and so I think that this might be same for you as well.
    Yes, this could be case but I have seen many of the similar problem with this and so I always prefer VLC player which is the best, I can say. you should also use the same and I am sure that you will get better experience with this as compared to the Winamp.

The Inventor Guest

If you are running some antivirus software in your computer then please disable that temporarily and then try to play some songs with the winamp. If the antivirus is the reason for then you will not get that problem again. I hope that this will solve the problem for you.