Thread: Is Excel 2010 slow down issue is fixed or not

Is Excel 2010 slow down issue is fixed or not

I have experienced - as have many others in here - inordinate slow downs in saving auto recover, macro executions, file openings and the screen fade-outs and "not responding" messages while Excel takes time out just to "think". Does anyone know if these issues have been successfully addressed in Office 2010?

Re: Is Excel 2010 slow down issue is fixed or not

Let me stress that these comments are based on very limited and informal testing of some features as of the last Beta release of 2010. It's not like I've been beating on it continuously for several months. I've been running 2010 in a virtual machine which in itself adds some overhead to time to do anything. Macro speed: even in the VM, overall it's a bit faster than 2007, but still not up to 2003 performance. File Open/Save: good speed. Can't talk to saving auto recover - haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Can't really address you other questions either - just not enough tests or continuous use to evaluate. There are definite improvements in both the macro recorder and the interface, with the ability to easily create your own custom tab being a big one in my book. The graphics engine is significantly more responsive. One perception I have is that 2010 RTM is a 'release to market' as scheduled by the developers instead of what I felt was a 'rush to market' as scheduled by the marketing department for 2007.

Re: Is Excel 2010 slow down issue is fixed or not

Do you have Excel 2003 or Excel 2007 installed on your system. If you have Excel 2003 installed, then tried the Compatibility Wizard to convert the file first. you could delete the Excel11.xlb file, then Excel is loaded in the default mode again. This fixes problems with Excel very often. If I still remember, then this would be stored as follows: C: \ Users \ user profiles Lame \ AppData \ Microsoft \ Excel. In Excel 2003 the file is called Excel11.xlb. Excel quit before and then delete this file . Excel restart normal.