Thread: Small lines appears on my PDF files!

Small lines appears on my PDF files!

I have been noticing some lines on my pdf files when I open them to read, I have never experienced such problem before. What can be the cause of this? Help from you guys will be appreciated.

Re: Small lines appears on my PDF files!

open the pdf viewer first to check whether its the problem with the viewer itself. Are you experiencing this problem with pdf viewer also? If yes then there is a problem with viewer and not with the pdf files! if you don’t see any lines in the pdf viewer then may be the pdf you have is not properly printed. layer your images and the texts in proper manner this will reduce the mixing of the both and you will see them clear picture with the proper transparency effects.

I have been trying to get rid of these tiny lines that comes on my pdf while I am finalizing the pdf files to upload to the internet. Is there any problem with my Illustrator 9.0 ? I even tried it with multiple files and is causing the same problem with all files! I can see some white lines on the files. How do I remove them . It is making my file unreadable. i am using acrobat 4 to open the files. is there any other software to use. i only know these two software.

When you finalize the pdf file with all the proper adjustments and you are ready to print the pdf , print it in high quality! If you see the lines are gone after you select the high setting for printing then, the issue was with viewer .if you are still noticing the lines in the documents even after printing in the high quality then it must be the problem with the document itself. Try using other images and see if you are having the same problems or not.

The problem can be caused due to the way you are using to prepare it. I will recommend you to use blank layer in between the text layer and the image layer .text layer will be on the front then blank layer and after that add the third image layer. The problem you are facing is due to the failure in conversion of files to the pdf. You can use photoshop to remove these white lines. This software is really useful.

hey,will my old printer support the new acrobat version? If not then is there any “backword-compatibility” option so that I can use it with my old printers? i have adobe 6, AI 9 and the acrobat 4! I have just started experimenting that is why i wanted to confirm this with you guys!

sometimes problem comes if you are not using the correct adobe versions. Use at least adobe 1.4 in order to reduce the chances of any blur effects. If you have Adobe InDesign then disable the smooth line art. Replace the spots to correct colors. You must separate them in layers.

Definitely you were lucky to have this! You can use new acrobat versions with old printers. Just follow this process:
    1. Select all the objects in the files and add them into photoshop data format
    2. Now put the whole photoshop data format into acrobat
    3. Now make sure you have saved all the effects.
    4. Now send this to your printer.