Thread: what are the disadvantages of SharePoint

what are the disadvantages of SharePoint

Hello guys, I am tech-savvy person. I am always very interested to find new information about technologies. Can u please tell me what are the disadvantages of sharepoint??? kindly give me the relevant answer. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: what are the disadvantages of SharePoint

Microsoft developed a software called sharepoint. it is made for business related person to create online space for collaborations and communications at a very fast speed. Microsoft disclosed that it was adding 20,000 new sharepoint users a day. It is very famous product but it is not necessary that every business related person should use it.

Sharepoint helps you to organize and store your business information properly. The default process allows to upload 50 MB file only. It is unable to fully support the document management which is a limitation. You can extend the level of file acceptance by 2 GB but after that you cannot upload larger files. Sharepoint is unable to acquire some security and privacy standards for industries such as health care and finance which is indeed not good.

In social networking the Sharepoint is used for collaboration for business purposes. Unfortunately, content management with social collaboration plays a smaller role. It provides features like activity streams and RSS feeds but lacks many features which has to be updated by them. Sharepoint takes a backward position in notifications, tagging, blogging, discussion groups and profile customization, etc.

Sharepoint remains a slow learner in customization. It lacks the stability. We are unable to fully customize the product which will be used for business proposals. In sharepoint the customized document are open to any person. So he can add, delete or edit anything, which is eventually a fault in security.

Thanks a lot friends for giving me related information about the limitations of Sharepoint. it was certainly addition to my knowledge. Really appreciated. Thanks again.