Thread: which will prove powerful :SMF or BBpress

which will prove powerful :SMF or BBpress

hello guys, i want some information regarding the SMF and BBpress . as i require a Internet forum as they are more useful these days, i want to know about the SMF and BBpress as they will serve in making use to create my own Internet forum.

Re: which will prove powerful :SMF or BBpress

as i can say as i found it from other sites that, you are saying it absolutely correct and i would like to say in this case as they are are two Web-based software applications by which you are able to make use of so that you will be able to create your own Internet forum.

OK. if you got the first click for those who are new to this, i will provide some deep understanding regarding this topic. i will first state the long form of SMF which is Simple Machines Forum. it sate further, it is an Internet forum application that has been in continuous development . and according to the language wise SMF is written in the PHP scripting language and makes possible use of MySQL, PostgresSQL or SQLite databases so that it is able to store message threads, and the settings with user data and forum administration .

hey guys, i will look further and state some points regarding this. i will also add that SMF is a customizable with regards to themes and modules that extend the forum's feature set. in addition to this, SMF is owned and maintained by the nonprofit organization, Simple Machines. i would like to mention one thing that SMF is a free and open source software under a version of the BSD license.

i came to know about what you are stating , i will provide you with some information regarding the related topic,. BbPress is a free, and also an open source application from the developers of the blogging platform WordPress. it is a WordPress plugin which is able to feature a clean familiar user and administrator interface, and for multiple forums,. and also in addition to this, heat maps, RSS feeds, templates prove to be further extensibility through plugins.

OK i will provide some steps which will help you in making a proper install of it. you just need a minimum of three steps.
    1. make a installation o f a current version of WordPress.
    2. after making a correct install, you need to have a download of bbPress, and then extract the contents from the archive file and afterwards have a upload of them to the "plugins" directory of your WordPress installation.
    3. finally you need to make a activation of the bbPress plugin.

hello , i understood the description of the bbPress but i require what will be the advantages using it regarding this topic. also if am able to know further information about it it will be very helpful in my case. can you add some relevant information concerning the same.

there are some relevant topics regarding this topic . and i want to say as i found it from some sites and it found to be that BbPress can prove beneficial for ideal for users who already host and run their own WordPress blog and would like to insert essential Internet forum means. The is a quick installation of BbPress and it can be easily integrated with the base WordPress blog. BbPress allows sharing of user data, in addition with cookies and login status with the blog. BbPress is administered and simplified similar to the other WordPress plugins. If you need to make updates to WordPress software , you may need bbPress to be upgraded too

according to me researching on this topic i found that . There is an anti-spam plugin and you can built specific forum permissions by making use of SMF . Of the two products which are stated here, I can make out that SMF will prove to be the closest to vBulletin and phpBB in terms when you consider robustness and configuration options. in this , You will be able to have an alternative of easily customizing the registration text, and the features are really awesome. so showing the result i will tell you that when you make a comparison of these products, I found SMF to be my choice at this time.

i can make out some possible solution across for this one as i heard a lot about bbPress over the years and I figured i will make a try for this one. i found the installation part to be easy but after that I was not able to find bbPress to be more powerful when we make comparison with SMF. in addition to this , i would like to say that emailing section i cam e across was functional right out of the box, and there is a human-anti-spam plugin which people generally like . but i am going with SMF as it will serve me a better option than this.

i do had issues concerning with bbPress, and additional to this the very limited # of available plugins, was the lack of an ability to regulate forum permissions. On almost every board I have performed each work , but having some control over forum access has been a serious case . we can consider a example in this, I don’t wish for people posting in my “Rules and Announcements” forum and I do occasionally like to limit posting in some forums to certain types of users