Thread: need information about Microsoft SDK

need information about Microsoft SDK

i am a newbie and dont have adequate knowledge about windows platform. i am interested in programming languages and therefore wanted to know something or the other about the Microsoft SDK . and to know further i wanted to know its roles and purposes. hope you will help in my case.

Re: need information about Microsoft SDK

hello, i will be really happy in your case to help you. i will stat some general information regarding the Microsoft SDK . as Microsoft is launched from 1981 and it has served really worldwide its services from servers to smartphones to search engines and has proved to be a original operating system since its launch. and to add further, software development kits (SDK) is added by Microsoft and it proves to be new innovations and encourages outside developers to make the most of them through the use of it.

Microsoft's SDKs permits anyone with the right knowledge and tool set so that they will be allowed to develop applications and libraries so that wide range of products can make use of it.

hello guys, i also have some knowledge of it as i am studying .net environment and that was the part of my study. Microsoft Windows SDK, in short are software development kits from Microsoft which encompass header files, libraries, in addition with samples, documentation and tools needed so that developers will be able to develop applications for Microsoft Windows and .NET Framework.

hello guys, i am having additional knowledge about this topic. there are in total three SDK's and i will state them as Microsoft Windows SDK, Platform SDK, and .NET Framework SDK. and to state the difference between these three SDKs i will tell you that the area of specialization as Platform SDK specializes in making applications for Windows 2000, XP and Windows Server 2003. to state about the .NET Framework SDK i will say that it is totally dedicated for developing applications for .NET Framework 1.1 and other versions such as .NET Framework 2.0. the last one which you stated is Windows SDK is the successor of the two and in this case it gives support for developing applications for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7,and other operating systems of, windows.

hello guys, according to me as searching from some sites , i came to know that the Microsoft Windows SDK is a set of tools, code samples, documentation, compilers, headers, and libraries by which the developers will be able to make use of so that they will be able to create applications that run on Microsoft Windows operating systems. this is a short description which i know.

i will state some uses of the same in the global world. several companies similar to Microsoft make SDKs accessible to customers to build up applications that match and enlarge on their technology. SDKs variety in terms of how much flexibility they present. to add further, a little corporation group permits plenty of access so that they will be able to tweak their software while others have a very narrow scope. In a few cases, developers may have to pay to download a SDK, but the tools might also be freely accessible. Encoding information and skill is normally required to completely know how to make use of a SDK.

if you got the necessary information about the Microsoft SDK , i will say some if its installation points to consider and its some uses. and to have a download you will be able to downloaded from the company's website, For the SDK to run correctly , developers require to equip their computers with certain support tools and they need a right environment for it. to state further, each SDK has its own essential things . The Excel 2010 SDK needs developers to have Microsoft Visual Studio installed on their machines, while the Azure SDK requires SQL Server so that it will have a access to its work. All Microsoft SDKs tend to run on Windows-based machines.

to add further, there are some purposes for this release. and according to finding from some sites, each Microsoft SDK has several components so that it will help with application development. These components usually make the inclusion of source sample code, documentation, libraries and application programming interfaces (API). Some SDKs might also encompass themselves;s with emulators and image resources. and according to the statement it means that the purpose of an SDK varies. when we consider an example of the Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker SDK provides the tools required to make a creation of the custom effects and transitions. The Office Communicator SDK makes it possible that it enables the integration of the software into Web and Windows applications.

hello guys, i also wanted to post related to this thread. Microsoft has built a great creation library. As such, developers encompass right to use to SDKs for a lot of technology. Microsoft tenders SDKs for its Azure, or "cloud," platform, in addition with its desktop software like Internet Explorer and Windows, server technology as well as Microsoft Exchange Server and Web development products like SharePoint. In addition to this, SDKs are readily accessible for the Office suite of products, devices such as the Windows mobile phone and gaming technology for example the Kinect. These SDKs, and several others, are easily accessible from the Microsoft Developers website.

i can say that it allows support for your older operating systems also. A developer may wish to make use of an older SDK for a particular reason. we can consider example in this case, the Windows Server 2003 Platform SDK released was the final SDK and there was a full support of Visual Studio 6.0. and in addition to t5his, there is possibility of still downloading some older PSDK versions from the Microsoft Download center.

i am an BSC it student and it after reading the above post , it came to an well understanding about this concept. however, i want to know exactly from which software we can have a deep study regarding the sdk. i heard something about the net framework as it encompasses the sdk environment.