Thread: Difference between Page borders and Orientation in MS Word 2010

Difference between Page borders and Orientation in MS Word 2010

I just installed MS Word 2010 on my windows 7. I already developed few documents in this MS word 2010. WHile during the documentation creating, i found two useful options, They are Page borders and Orientation. Can anyone describe difference between this two tools of MS word?? Anyone any ideas? I make 10 page document. In that during printing, first 6 page set with portrait page mode and remaining with landscape page mode. First 6 print with border while the remaining print with the cut off border. Then please describe more things about this issue. Thanks im advance.

Re: Difference between Page borders and Orientation in MS Word 2010

MS Word 2010 borders are popular for pages, as well as for paragraphs. FIle menu of the MS word provide the Border and shading option for getting border on your word document. Hence if you want to set the border on your word page, use it. While the page orientation comes with the portrait (vertical) or landscape (horizontal) orientation. This will be work to set the print format of the page. Lots of user use it. Page orientation can be assigned to single, multiple or all the pages of word file. Its well for formatting purpose.

if the new page orientation is different than the print orientation of the current section, definitely it makes problem during printing. Hence i suggest to you for simply check the print orientation on your MS word 2010. Its necessary for you.

WDSetPrintOrientation command presents in VB and C# that works to print the page in proper format. This is well for solving your complicated page printing problem. Hence try to use htis command and check its output. Its syntax for setting portrait mode is being as follows. Use it.
    WDSetPrintOrientation("C:\temp\Orientation.docx", PageOrientationValues.Portrait)

FOr manually set the page orientation of your MS word page, go to Page Layout-> Page Setup-> Orientation tab. Then select the portrait or the landscape mode. Its well for you to print page in proper format.

If you set the page orientation for different page within same file, simply try to print the page one by one. Avoid all page print option. You can also use the page number option for solving your printing problem. Try it and check its output.

In few cases, it also depends upon the printer driver. Most printers have a non-printing area. Hence this might be not fulfill with the border option. Hence might be the border cut off problem arrives on your ms word document. In that case, simply try to update your printer driver and check printing result. Its work for you.