Thread: Suggestion for best HTPC PVR software

Suggestion for best HTPC PVR software

Hello friends, I have recently purchased the Dual DVB-S2 card and I am wondering that which software will be the best to use for watching and recording Freesat HD. Right now I am having the XBMC for media and for the Blu Rays, I am using the TotalMedia. Now I am looking for your suggestion for this. So if you are having some suggestion for this then please post that over here.

Re: Suggestion for best HTPC PVR software

Hey, I am using the DVBviewer from last one year and I can say that this really worth for its price. There is one problem with this that it will not function with the DVB-S2 card but there will be no problem with the DVB-T2. If you want then you can download the test version of that.

It will be better for you to use the MediaPortal. This is the best option for you...
    • Want to support open source software and its ideology of sustainable
    • appreciate the passionate work with MediaPortal.
    • want to develop new skills and make new contacts
    • love to share the world with brilliant minds
    • want to work in a dynamic and organized team
    • love to put creative ideas into effective solutions
    • want to help create the Media Center of the Future

Yes the MediaPortal is very useful for the PC users. This program allows the user to interact with TV and radio capture devices, ensuring the quality and realism of digital home theater 5.1. All with the convenience of the classic hi-fi living room chair with the remote-controllable (if your PC is using a remote controller). The graphical interface of Media Portal has in fact been specifically designed as an OSD (on screen display) to facilitate consultation, even if you are away from the screen.

Netflix is also one of the good options for you. I am using the same and this is really worthy to use.

I am using the Beyond TV. SmartSkip is one of the most unique functions of the Beyond TV. This helps to detect the scene changes automatically. You will also be able to convert the recorded TV videos to other formats in which you want it to be. This is also having on optional DVD burning plug-in. From this, you will be able to burn directly from the DVD.

EyeTV Diversity is the first application of technology in Diversity TV Tuner for Mac In Diversity mode, the device can receive digital TV channels inside buildings. Tune-In Dual mode, the device behaves as if there are two tuners and allows you to watch two programs at once. EyeTV Diversity is inclusive of a convenient infrared remote control provided with plenty of buttons, though, for basic functions (like volume and channel selection) is sufficient to use the Apple Remote included with every Mac. This device is able to record what you are seeing (or a different channel, using two antennas) and to make scheduled recordings. Everything is saved in a proprietary format that can be easily exported, however, in many different formats.

Here are some of the software's that I can recommend you and you can for the one which suites best to you.
    • Freevo:
    • DVB Vulture
    • GB-PVR
    • MeediOS
    • MythTV

I have tried with both MythTV and DVB Vulture and I can say that the DVB Vulture will be better for 'you. can say this with this much of confidence as I have used that and have personal experience with that.