Thread: Getting artifacts while playing H.264 videos on youtube with Intel HD Graphics

Getting artifacts while playing H.264 videos on youtube with Intel HD Graphics

As i have mentioned in the title itself i am having problem with the downloaded HD MP4 video from YouTube as When i attempt to play those video with windows media player I get artifacts on a number of scenes and this problem happens with a number of YouTube HD videos.

And the good this is like whenever I try to play them with real player 14, it works very well without any artifacts and it plays fine on the web but .WMP is not. Please let me know how can i resolve it?

Re: Getting artifacts while playing H.264 videos on youtube with Intel HD Graphics

As I have mentioned in the title itself i am having problem with the downloaded HD MP4 video from YouTube as When i attempt to play those video with windows media player I get artifacts on a number of scenes and this problem happens with a number of YouTube HD videos.

And the good this is like whenever I try to play them with real player 14, it works very well without any artifacts and it plays fine on the web but .WMP is not. Please let me know how can i resolve it?
    As far as windows media player is concerned i would like to recommend you that you should try to make out whether DXVA enabled? If yes disable it and that you can find it at menu and performance tab. and try again.

Re: Getting artifacts while playing H.264 videos on youtube with Intel HD Graphics

Which driver version you have installed in your machine? And by the way can you please let me know which intel HD graphics are on the board, i mean to say 2000 or 3000? Because if I remember correctly you should try to install driver version 15.17.11.2202 in your machine because this are the most recent driver for your graphic card and that you can get from the motherboard manufacturer’s official site. Apart from that while downloading the driver you should make sure whether they are working

I would like to recommend you that you should try to update the direct X in your machine if you are still getting the same problem even after disabling DXVA in the windows media player.