Thread: Unable to use CAD with Intel HD 3000

Unable to use CAD with Intel HD 3000

HI, i have gotten new laptops having,

Windows 7 – OS
    Intel core i5 – processor
    HD3000 graphics – internal graphics

But the thing is like i am having troubles with the display by means of CAD programs, particularly MicroStation and along with that the programs like Photoshop. Whenever i open those programs the display of lines is often wrecked, coarse, rushed and this is hindering me in our work as architects. Obviously scrawled graphics are not satisfactory in a professional surroundings where care is required. So is there any solution for this?

Re: Unable to use CAD with Intel HD 3000

After seeing the specification it seems like your machine having very good specification in order to run the program that you have mentioned, but still as far as you have mentioned like this is happening with the internet graphic card. so I could say that this could be happening with the drivers that you have installed in the machine.

Thus according to me it would be better if you simply reinstall those drivers once again in your machine and see whether this thing happens or not. as far as i know driver version 15.17.11.2202 consider to be the most recent drivers for the graphics you have.

Though i am agree with the above user but still I have some different recommendation for this thing would be to make sure the system requirements for the precise application you wanted to run on because most CAD software really requires a separate graphics controller.

I am quite amazed after seeing this kind of problem with the such a good configuration because as far as i know on the workstation side, Ironlake (previous generation) graphics chips are specialized for Photoshop CS4, and along with that Microstation is allegedly in Sandy Bridge. And that’s why i am bizarre as it has a problem.

What may be probable is that the documentation is only for the workstation class chips. The HD 3000 comparable for Xeons is called the Xeon E3 with the HD P3000 graphics. When i was searching about the same I came to know Both applications that you have mentioned passed all the functional tests and working with no errors.

Yeah though I know as the machine i have is actually certified for the application you have mentioned but still don’t know even after reinstalling the drivers with the most recent version i am having the same problem with the machine and neither Dell nor Intel or Microstation has fix for the problem.

Yeah though I know as the machine i have is actually certified for the application you have mentioned but still don’t know even after reinstalling the drivers with the most recent version I am having the same problem with the machine and neither Dell nor Intel or Microstation has fix for the problem.
    It might be possible like there could be some problem with the application that you have installed, i mean to say you should try to make sure whether the CAD program that you have installed in your machine is working perfectly. if you are not able to make out whether that is working or not you can simply try to get it reinstall so that you can have precise information regarding the same. you can at least determine where is the exact problem and you can mention it over here.

rayliza.liza35 Guest

I am quite amazed after seeing this kind of problem with the such a good configuration because as far as i know on the workstation side, Ironlake (previous generation) graphics chips are specialized for Photoshop CS4, and along with that Microstation is allegedly in Sandy Bridge. And that’s why i am bizarre as it has a problem.

What may be probable is that the documentation is only for the workstation class chips. The HD 3000 comparable for Xeons is called the Xeon E3 with the HD P3000 graphics. When i was searching about the same I came to know Both applications that you have mentioned passed all the functional tests and working with no errors.