Thread: Black Screen after updating G45/G43 Chipset driver to version 8.15.10.2182

Black Screen after updating G45/G43 Chipset driver to version 8.15.10.2182

HI, I am having Dell Studio desktop and in which I have installed windows 7 operating system but still the thing is like when i installed the chipset drivers version is 8.15.10.1749. And since I have installed the drivers i used to get the black screen only whenever i start the machine and nothing comes into view. Please let me know how can i resolved this problem in my machine as i am quite fed up of this. any suggestion will be esteemed.

Re: Black Screen after updating G45/G43 Chipset driver to version 8.15.10.2182

I think the driver that you have installed in your machine might have been corrupted or simply the one that you have installed must not be working the way you are expecting. Anyways rather than finding out the fault I would like to suggest you that you should try to get the newer drivers from the LINK I am mentioned below. And while selecting the drivers you should make sure whether you are downloading appropriate drivers or else they would also cause the same problem.

I think the driver that you have installed in your machine might have been corrupted or simply the one that you have installed must not be working the way you are expecting. Anyways rather than finding out the fault I would like to suggest you that you should try to get the newer drivers from the LINK I am mentioned below. And while selecting the drivers you should make sure whether you are downloading appropriate drivers or else they would also cause the same problem.
    Hey thanks for the suggestion but still I just forget to mention as i have installed windows 7 64 bit and the drivers that you have mentioned seems to be 32 bit which is actually worthless to me…so can i have 64bit..!

Yeah off course you can select the operating system from that page itself, anyways you can download your 64bit drivers from here.

Yeah off course you can select the operating system from that page itself, anyways you can download your 64bit drivers from here.
    Thanks for the downloading LINK but when i tried this drivers then also i am having the same problem. In other words i would say while i was upgrading it, display loses signal and goes to sleep and by no means comes back. Rebooting the machine results in loss of signal and going to sleep at the logon screen, don’t you think guys there is some problem with the motherboard?

For further information, I have Samsung SyncMaster 906BW. It is connected to the PC using a DVI-D Dual Link cable through a DVI-D-to-HDMI adapter.

Thanks for the downloading LINK but when i tried this drivers then also i am having the same problem. In other words i would say while i was upgrading it, display loses signal and goes to sleep and by no means comes back. Rebooting the machine results in loss of signal and going to sleep at the logon screen, don’t you think guys there is some problem with the motherboard?
    After seeing your DXdiag report i came to know that the "Generic PnP Monitor",,!

Anyways can you go into display properties and enumerate it for the correct display?

Because if so then once the correct display is shown you have to try updating the driver to the version 15.17.11.2202 i have mentioned

Well, if you are still pursuing the same problem in your machine then you should try to contact the service center that’s to the dell support center, because i think they are the only one who can help you over here. It seems like there isn’t any problem with the driver you have installed but i think some of your hardware is gone bad and which is causing problem.

Once you contact them, they will test your whole machine so that they could determine what is the exact problem. I hope you machine will in the warranty period because if not then you must have to pay them for the service otherwise it will be free of cost.