Thread: Why Intel Wireless-N 1030 Driver comes up with so many utilities

Why Intel Wireless-N 1030 Driver comes up with so many utilities

HI, i have recently purchased Dell 15R-5110 laptop and in which i have gotten intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 Wifi/Bluetooth card. As predicted, the laptop comes up to with all the useless swell of active services and utility software that I will not at all make use of.

And that’s why i have just reinstall the windows 7 once again in the machine and started installing the drivers which is actually necessary for the laptop. but still when it again come to the Wireless-N 1030 card I can't distinguish any motive why a wifi/Bluetooth network card should necessitate to add so many new services and running processes to function. Any suggestion?

Re: Why Intel Wireless-N 1030 Driver comes up with so many utilities

though you have mentioned this thing so have you installed the drivers or not? in fact i would say you should thank god as at least you machine comes up with all the drivers which is actually running as well. but there are so many other machines which doesn’t run the wireless card you can have mentioned even though we install particular rather necessary drivers in the machine. and who care whether you get how many processes running while you install the drivers?

well they are the basic utilities that needs to be installed no matter whether you use it or not. for example though you are not using some of the utility but after sometime you may want to use them, so at that time you must have to install them..!! so in fact I would say they have done very good thing to incorporate all the drivers once in the same package rather than installing them from different one.

See you can have option over here to avoid this unwanted process. I mean to say you can make use of another drivers in your machine rather than the stocked one.

In fact i have installed the drivers which is actually recommended by the operating system itself. If you wanted to do that then first of all you have to uninstall the one that you have installed in your machine and after that from the device manager select the card and open the properties. In that there will be an option for getting the drivers so from where operating system will automatically find the drivers for the hardware.

though you have mentioned this thing so have you installed the drivers or not? in fact i would say you should thank god as at least you machine comes up with all the drivers which is actually running as well. but there are so many other machines which doesn’t run the wireless card you can have mentioned even though we install particular rather necessary drivers in the machine. and who care whether you get how many processes running while you install the drivers?
    Yeah we could say that as who cares? But still when it comes to speed, it used to affect it, because I don’t know whether you are aware about it or not but still 16 new processes running just by adding this bloatware driver and software for that wireless card. and the annoying rather worst thing is like they used to keep running in the background no matter whether shall i make use of any wireless service s or not.