Thread: Can you tell me which version of QuickTime should I use?

Can you tell me which version of QuickTime should I use?

Currently I am having two versions of QuickTime installed on the computer. as I am hovering the mouse on the Quicktime Player and Quicktime Player 7 and I am getting different icons. I am having the paid version of the Quicktime pro. Can you tell me which version of the software should I use?

Re: Can you tell me which version of QuickTime should I use?

Well I recommend that you should use the Quicktime Player which is having the silver icons.

No I don’t agree with you at all. I am saying that you should use both the version of the QuickTime since both are having different features.

Thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. I wanted to ask another query to you. I hope you will help me for the same. I have captured the video in realtime by using quickTime and I have exported the same to iTunes for the Apple TV playback. Let me know if any of the above mentioned version which is the better for the task?

Well the entire thing is totally dependent on the what you are supposed to do. the QuickTime 7 is upgraded for the Pro use. QT Player (v10.1) is the latest version and it is into the development and it is having the new video technology. While QuickTime 7 is having the old video technology and it suited for doing playback on the older version of the systems. Legacy content types is the use of add-on and third-party video components.
    If you are looking for the Pro use QuickTime 7 is having both the player and video converter-editor which is having capability of masking, compositing.

I am not sure about the thing that is QT 7 "Pro" will allow you to do re-scale the playback of the file which you have created without not having re-compress the data. It will work with the applications that read/use the Current Size display setting embedded into the resulting file.

QT X app is having the 150 times combined total data rate as setting which you are using with the QuickTime 7. You have not provide the dimensions of the target display or encoding matrix, the quality as well as content of the source file. What kind of the settings which can be used for the limit the final data rates and you have to provided anything about the same.

You should know that the captured video is encoded for the storage on the hard disk of yours. if the output of the workflow is 150 times than that of the size of the other workflow. The size of the output file is directly proportional to combined total data rate. Increment in the data rate is result of the manual setting differences and length of capture time. I mean to say that ratio of difference into the file size is same as that of the ratio of difference in to combined total data rates. In case the combined data rates of the both the files are the same then the ratio of difference into the file size is also same as of the difference in the duration of the both the files.

For the iTunes you will need to select the target device which is most suitable for the purpose of yours and what kind of the quality which will you need. If the file is having the lower data rate then quality of the video would be degraded.