Thread: Delete text character in Microsoft Excel 2010

Delete text character in Microsoft Excel 2010

Currently I am working on the Excel sheet and I have imported some of the CSV file to exchange but before Importing I need to modify the given Content:
    X400:c=GB;a=NHS;p=NHS N West HN;o=NHS North West Lancs HA;s=Robin;g=Alayne;ou1=Health Promotion Unit;%SMTP:RobinAlayneQCYNWLancsHA@gp-P81081.nhs.uk.
    I just want to get rid of the left most side of %. I have tried Left and right command but it’s not good for me to do it for thousands of imported file. Is there any other simple way to tackle this? If so, please suggest.

Re: Delete text character in Microsoft Excel 2010

I will surly help you in this. Deleting the characters one by one is totally a time waste. So let me provide you with the simple way to delete the characters from the left-most character and vice versa. While Importing the Data just convert the data in text to column format.
    Highlight the column> on the Data tab select “Text to column”> choose “delimited” radio button and then select the Data in your Cell or enter it in the blank field. This will give you two columns. Now you can delete the unwanted cell from your sheet. This is how it works.

Re: Delete text character in Microsoft Excel 2010

I once had the same problem while importing the CSv file on my Excel sheet. So I tried to change my data into column form. First I highlighted the column and then go to the TEXT TO COLUMN, select DELIMITED radio button and then select the characters imported in Excel Cell.
    This will come up with the two different columns. Now delete the column which you don’t want.