Thread: Why Apple QuickTime is swapping height and Width of Video playing?

Why Apple QuickTime is swapping height and Width of Video playing?

I am playing video with the resolution of 1280X720. When I am launching the video into the windows media player I am getting the above mentioned resolution on the computer.
    As I am launching the video into the Quicktime and height and width values are getting swapped. I am not able to find out the reason why the above mentioned issue is happening? Any help to fix the matter will be highly appreciated.

Re: Why Apple QuickTime is swapping height and Width of Video playing?

Let me know about the version of the QuickTime do you have installed? What is the system configuration of the computer? which do you are supposed to play on QuickTime?

Well I think something wrong happening with the file. It could be helpful to see what QT "Inspector” is saying about the file. It will let you know about the matrix is used to encode the file. Whether it is supposed to anamorphically encoded. There is possibility that playback dimensions embedded into the file which you are supposed to play.

After going through the issue of yours it sound that the file may be anamorphic and it will working fine with the applications which are using with PAR value to display file at correct aspect ratio when other applications which is using the Current Size values embedded in the file are showing incorrect value. It could be possible that the values are not set at the time of the encode. normal procedure is seems to be correct the dimension using QuickTime 7 pro which did not need the recompressing of the data.

For the sake of try I recommend that you should reinstall QuickTime on the system. also I am suggesting that you should get VLC or any other media player and see whether it is helping you out or not.

I wanted to tell you that there could be bug issue with the QuickTime and it should be fixed by the developer of the Apple. Once they have fixed the issue they will release the patch which you should get from the official site and install the same on the computer.