Thread: Quicktime 10.1 is not running on Mac OS X Lion

Quicktime 10.1 is not running on Mac OS X Lion

I have installed Mac OS X on the computer. I have come to know that the Quicktime 10.1 is not working. When I supposed to close the video QuickTime is closing automatically. Also loop did not seems to working at all. Any help to fix the matter

Re: Quicktime 10.1 is not running on Mac OS X Lion

Can you tell me the hardware configuration of the computer? do you have done any changes on the system? Which video file is causing the issue? Or the issue is happening with all kind of the video files? Provide if you are having any other information to get the idea of the root cause of the problem.

Looking at the matter I am suggesting following thing which you can help you to fix the matter of yours.
    • Well I am wondering that you are having QuickTime icon that is old version and locked to Dock.
    • If you have given look into the Launchpad and you will get the two identical Quicktime icons.
    • The old version of the QuickTime is not compatible with the above mentioned operating system.
    • If you have selected the correct one then you will not have any issue at all.

I was also suffering from the above mentioned problem and I have managed to fix the issue. I have clicked on the Library of QuickTime and removed the obsolete QuickTime Components such as FFusion, Xvid Delegate, 3ivX, DivX, DivX Decoder, XviD, msmpeg4v1, msmpeg4v2, AviImporter, EX_M4S2, Casio AVI Importer, AC3 Codec, Sorenson and MatroskaQT.

In case QuickTime is not loading on the computer then you have to perform following thing.
    1. You have to check the Library folder from the home directory for .plist file.
    2. You can see the same into the Preferences folder inside of the Library folder..
    3. Also you can go for Application Support and there will be QuickTime folder and remove if there are any preferences.
    4. After that see whether you are able to make the thing working for you.

I think you will need to get the Mac Perian componenet for QuickTime. It’s a component which is providing the native support for the all the popular good video formats. You can get the same from the official website and see whether you are able to fix the matter or not.

There is need of reinstalling QuickTime on the system. If it is not working for you than you should get the latest version of QuickTime and install it.
    Also you can give a try to other media players like VLC media player.

It could be possible that the above mentioned issue is suffering because of the bug issue. you should contact the Apple team and tell them about the bug issue.