Thread: Skype for Mac OS X lion

Skype for Mac OS X lion

Hi everyone, I have recently purchased a MacBookPro. My MacBook has a built in camera, but the problem is that I am unaware about hoe to install its applications to start the built in camera? Some of them suggested me to install the Skype application in my MacBook, but as I am newbie to this MacBook I am not sure whether this application will enable my built in camera or not ? Or do I have to buy an external webcam? Can anyone please help me out to solve this problem ? It would be very helpful to me if anybody gives the proper suggestions about the Skype application.

Re: Skype for Mac OS X lion

As far as my knowledge is concerned about the applications I would tell you that there is no need to buy any external webcam. You can use the built in camera of your MacBook.
    The Skype is Microsoft application which allows the users to have a communication over the Internet with others by the video, voice and the instant messanging service.

The Skype application was owned by the Microsoft in the year 2011. The other advantages of the Skype application are if one user is using the Skype application and the another user is also having the Skype application in his Operating System than they can make the calls with free of charge. While the calls to landline telephones and the mobile phones are being charged to the user having the debit account system.

I would be glad to tell you that the Skype application has gained its importance over the internet because of the File transfer. Users are able to transfer the file having the Skype application to the other user. This facility has boosted its importance over the other applications. The another well-known function of the Skype application that has enabled the users to gain its attraction is the Video Conferencing. Through the Video Conferencing the people are able to see each others through the webcam that is built in their PC or Laptop. This Function has grabbed attention of many users towards the Skype.

When the Security comes in a picture, I would tell you that the Skype is a well secure communication. The data which is sent contains the encryption and is invisible to hack. It is based on certain algorithms but hard to detect. So as you are a newbie I will suggest you not to buy any webcam as Skype will enable the built in camera use.